Senior Site Reliability Engineer
LogRhythm, a Thoma Bravo company, empowers more than 4,000 customers across the globe to measurably mature their security operations program. LogRhythm’s award-winning NextGen SIEM Platform makes the world safer by protecting organizations, employees, and customers from the latest cyberthreats. It does this by providing a comprehensive platform with the latest security functionality, including security analytics; network detection and response (NDR); user and entity behavior analytics (UEBA); and security orchestration, automation, and response (SOAR). Learn how LogRhythm empowers companies to be security first at logrhythm.com.
You’re someone who is enjoys being directly accountable for the reliability of a business-critical, large-scale enterprise system. You’re comfortable guiding and making decisions with limited information and are capable of operating within the trade-offs present when solving for immediate needs versus solving with bigger scale solutions. You might be considered a subject matter expert in systems reliability and you feel rewarded by working to develop operability culture in a quickly growing and changing environment. You’re comfortable owning a wide and diverse set of problem areas and are willing to go out of your lane to affect change. You may have developed one or more metrics, log aggregation or performance analysis systems in your career.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work and collaborate closely with our software engineering, architecture and operations teams at LogRhythm. Our Site Reliability Engineering Development is responsible for ensuring LogRhythm products and services are highly available, reliable, secure and scalable. The ideal candidates are fluent in systems programming and/or automation and can leverage their experience to solve complex problems associated with running production environments at massive scale in multi-tenant environments. We’re creating cool, disruptive products …come join us!
What You'll Do
- Maintain 24x7 production environment with a high level of service availability. Perform quality reviews, manage operational issues
- Create and monitor dashboards and alerts for key infrastructure metrics, and business KPIs that relate to site reliability. Make monitoring and alerting alert on symptoms and not on outages.
- Ensure services are designed with 24/7 availability and operational readiness and rigor
- Develop processes, tools, automation, and software changes to address operational issues
- Automate infrastructure management and maintenance with the aim of empowering the team and ensuring site reliability
- Implement automation and orchestration for manual processes required to operate and deploy cloud services, be at the heart of developing new ideas into internal OPS/SRE tools by working closely with advanced technology
- Document every action so your findings turn into repeatable actions–and then into automation.
- Define non-functional requirements as part of the product lifecycle to influence the new designs, standards, and methods for scalable, highly available distributed systems
- Resolution of product/service defects or design changes, infrastructure changes, or operational changes
- Identifies, evaluates and executes preventive measures to minimize/avoid impact to the customers experience. Proactive v/s Customer escalated
Who You Are
- A self-starter who's comfortable working independently without a ton of supervision
- A software engineer with a curiosity for operations, or an operations engineer that wants to work closely with software engineers to help improve response times, scalability and availability.
- You're obsessive compulsive, in a good way. Your systems and scripts are clean, well-documented and comprehensible.
- You hate doing the same thing twice, you'd rather spend the time to automate a problem away rather than having to spend time on it again.
- You are collaborative and are excited to empower the engineering team to work better and faster
- Fluency with at least one current generation scripting language used by DevOps professionals (Python, Perl, PHP, Ruby) + Java Development
- You have a passion for learning when it comes to working with new technologies or languages
- You live and breathe scalable web architectures.
- You're cool in a crisis and can align with others to ensure complex problems meet a timely and effective resolution.
- You've worked with Linux, containers/namespaces, and system automation tools for Unix and/or cloud platforms.
- You have 7+ years of relevant technical experience
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Math, or equivalent professional experience
Bonus Points For
- Professional experience leveraging public cloud solutions, with an emphasis on AWS and GCP
- Experience with Kubernetes & Docker and automated deployment via pipeline
- Experience with elastically scalable, fault tolerance and other cloud architecture patterns
- Deep understanding of the software delivery process with the ability to implement and enforce that process across the organization
- Demonstrated strength in SaaS services, experience in massive scale web operations
- You have experience infrastructure-as-code tooling and approaches
- Advanced knowledge of Unix/Linux systems: feel very comfortable at the command line
- In-depth understanding of web operations best practices + infrastructure as code
- Experience with DevOps (+ DevSecOps) methodologies is a plus
- The annual starting salary for this position is between 140-160k depending on experience and other qualifications of the successful candidate.
LogRhythm offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements.
- 401k plan
- Flexible time off
- Employee assistance program
- Created:/ Revised Date: - October 5, 2021
- Reporting to: Manager, Engineering
- Location: - Boulder, Colorado (will consider US remote working)
- Employment Status: - Full Time
- FLSA/ Applicable State Law Status- Except
Workplace equality & inclusion are not just words or topics for LogRhythm, they are part of our core values, beliefs, and integral to our company culture. We hire the best of the best and do not discriminate based on race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, identity, or other personal factors. LogRhythm was built on the principals of innovation, dedication, creativity, and commitment. It is through these key areas we were able to grow as an equal and inclusive workplace, one where our employees feel respected and safe in.
Disclaimer: The salary, other compensation, and benefits information is accurate as of the date of this posting. The company reserves the right to modify this information at any time, subject to applicable law.