Relocation assistance available!
Who We Are
TrainingPeaks provides the complete web, mobile and desktop solution for enabling smart and effective endurance training. Our products include TrainingPeaks.com Athlete and Coach Edition, WKO+ desktop software for cutting-edge scientific analysis and planning, and the TrainingPeaks mobile apps for iOS and Android. TrainingPeaks solutions are used by Tour de France teams, IRONMAN® World Champions, Olympians, athletes and coaches around the world to track, analyze and plan their training.
Our engineers share a passion for technical excellence, teamwork, and continuous improvement. We consistently deliver solutions that help our customers succeed and help our business grow.
Who You Are
We are seeking a highly experienced, skilled, and driven Cloud Architect with strong understanding of the entire software development lifecycle in a web / cloud environment. We are looking for a systems thinker - someone who has experience across stacks and technologies and can integrate to bring architectural leadership to our teams. You’ve been there done that before - you have developed application code (Front-End, Back-End, Full-Stack, Mobile, and even Desktop) and have shipped software at scale in cloud environments. You have worked with legacy systems and enjoy the balance between nurturing existing code, continuously refactoring and improving code, and designing architectural patterns to steadily improve our ability to change and adapt (monolith to microservices, SOA patterns, cloud native technologies).
You must enjoy working alongside product managers, software engineers, and SREs to maintain and improve a highly-scalable consumer SaaS & Marketplace platform. Our entire stack is hosted in Amazon’s AWS using a mix of traditional EC2 and cloud native services (Lambda, SQS/SNS, Fargate, CodeDeploy/CodePipeline).
As Cloud Architect, you'll have the opportunity to:
- Learn new & expand existing technology knowledge individually and for teams / department. This takes the form of:
- Personal R&D, both w/ leading edge technology for the purpose of learning, or with a specific business/product goal in mind.
- Provide strategic leadership of technology road-map, collaborating with Engineering leadership and Product leadership to define resourcing and prioritization.
- Provide leadership and definition of software engineering best practices, by staying up to date with and continuously exploring and evaluating new software development approaches.
- Consult on Enterprise-level technology and product initiatives at early stages (initiation, planning) to provide risk, complexity, systems, and time estimate analysis of efforts.
- Embed in teams to provide strategic architectural and best-practices guidance on day-to-day execution of product road map. This includes regular hands-on coding with the teams on product initiatives.
- Assist Engineering leadership with hiring effort, providing primary guidance on code test and technology skills evaluation as well as culture fit and best practices vetting.
To be successful in this position, you possess:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering or relevant industry experience
- At least 10+ years of overall Software Engineering experience part of a team delivering products to customers
- Mastery of at least one modern programming language and stack, and proficiency in several others with deep understanding of various programming paradigms (OO, functional)
- Experience with the following:
- SQL and NoSQL database technologies
- AWS, GCP or Azure services and solution architectures
- REST API design and microservice implementation
- Object-oriented design and common patterns
- Distributed systems
- Docker, Kubernetes, and other container technologies
- Cloud Native technologies, ideally in AWS, such as AWS Lambda, SQS/SNS queuing
- .NET Core and/or a willingness to learn .NET Core
- Leadership experience
- At ease advocating for technical solutions and enjoy the challenge of influencing others
- Ability to serve as a technology mentor, facilitating the growth of software engineering colleagues
- Ability to manage conflict and maintain productive working relationships
- Leadership expectations:
- Learn the development teams’ collaborative dynamics
- Understand and build relationships with the individual contributors
- Mentor developers in best practices and code design
- Promote a culture of shared learning
- Promote a culture of high performance engineering
- Aid in hiring top engineering talent
If this job description excites you, we're looking forward to connecting!
Please Note: A code test in .NET/.NET Core will be included as part of the interview process
Benefits and Perks Include:
- 100% company paid medical plan for employees with buy-up options as well as dental and vision insurance for employees (dependent coverage available)
- 401(k) 5% match
- $1,200/year fitness reimbursement to purchase any items related to healthy living
- 3 weeks of PTO for all new hires; increase in PTO at various years of service
- 4 week paid sabbatical for all employees after 7 years of employment
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks
- Dog friendly office
- Music Studio for all to practice, jam, and record
- On-site workout area access: treadmill, bike trainers, rowers, and full weight lifting gym with CrossFit equipment, with changing rooms and showers and towel service
- Corporate discounts on gym memberships and top-brand gear
- Beautiful North East Boulder, CO location (with a few remote days possible)
- Flexible work schedule in a culture of trust
TrainingPeaks is a member of the Peaksware family of companies including Alfred Publishing, MakeMusic, TrainingPeaks, and TrainHeroic. Peaksware was recognized as #15 on Built in Colorado's "Best Places to Work" list and five times by Outside Magazine's "Best Places to Work"! Through our unique approach to deliberate practice, each company within Peaksware develops software solutions to help users on their individual journeys of skill development and improvement.