Cloud Application Engineer Specialist for FIS Investran at FIS
Position Type :Full time
Type Of Hire :Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :Bachelor's Degree
Travel Percentage :0%
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
NOTE: This role can be worked remotely from anywhere in North America
About the team
FIS’ award-winning Asset Management systems are designed to empower asset managers – whether traditional, alternative or hybrid – to automate and unify systems, innovate strategies, improve investor experience and optimize performance.
What you will be doing
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Public Cloud Experience (preference with Azure)
* Working with DevOPs Team on Application and scheduling of updates and deployments to SaaS hosted environment
* Problem solving and Root Cause Analysis review, documentation, and reporting.
* Work with multiple teams including Development teams, Other Technology teams to optimize customer experience.
* Share new ideas for Continuous Improvement projects
What you bring:
Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience in Computer Science / Information Technology
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
* Experience in a on premises, Public and or Hybrid Cloud environments
* Experience working with software applications (deployments, upgrades and troubleshooting)
* Experience with Windows Systems – Windows Server 2012 R2 as a minimum
* Experience with Azure
* Communicates ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise and professional manner appropriate to audience including executive levels
• Ability to demonstrate interpersonal and team-building skills and manage conflict
• Ability to analyze and solve problems using learned techniques and tools including escalation practices
• Ability to utilize judgment in decision making process and decisions related to job tasks
• Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines
• Requires the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of management (internally/externally), employees, clients
* Required: A good Sense of urgency and work ethic
* Required: Ability to Multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
* Outstanding time management on timelines for projects
* Well developed problem solving and analytical skills
* Hands on technical skills with Microsoft products, etc.
Preferred Knowledge and Experience:
- Infrastructure Knowledge is essential
- Experience with Azure is a benefit
What we offer you
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities – FIS is your final career step!
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.