Cloud Application Architect at Sling TV
Sling TV L.L.C. provides an over-the-top (internet delivered) television experience on TVs, tablets, gaming consoles, computers, smartphones, smart TVs and other streaming devices. Distributed across a variety of strategic device partners, including Google, Amazon, Apple TV, Microsoft, Roku, Samsung, LG, Comcast, and many others, Sling TV offers two primary domestic streaming services that collectively include more than 100 channels of top content. Featured programmers include Disney/ESPN, NBC, AMC, A&E, EPIX, NFL Network, NBA TV, NHL Networks, Pac-12 Networks, Hallmark, Viacom, and more. For Spanish-speaking customers, Sling Latino offers a suite of standalone and extra Spanish-programming packages tailored to the U S. Hispanic market. And for those seeking International content, Sling International currently provides more than 300 channels in 20 languages (available across multiple devices) to U.S. households.
Sling TV is the #1 Live TV Streaming Service Sling TV is a next-generation service that meets the entertainment needs of today’s contemporary viewers. Visit www.Sling.com. We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are Sling.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
We are seeking a Cloud Application Architect to join our team who thrives on helping organizations drive strategic business outcomes through their technology expertise. You are a domain authority responsible for delivering exceptional results. You succeed in a fast-paced environment and have a consistent track record of crafting modern cloud native solutions.
- Own the design and development of stateless, decoupled, cloud-native applications
- Produce clean, well-documented code, with embedded unit tests, following development standard methodologies
- Recommend cloud application development best practices which support organizational goals
- Build strong, positive relationships with technology engineers, architects, and product owners
- Stay up-to-date on meaningful new technologies and produce thought leadership content.
- Identify and advance technical project risks early to ensure successful outcomes
- Conduct POC work to validate proposed technical approaches and test new technologies
- Lead regular architecture governance meetings with team leads to facilitate change and maintain architectural consistency across teams and functions
- Partner with business and technical stakeholders to design and implement best of breed technology solutions
- Collaborate with executive stakeholders to understand and implement product vision
- Write code, lead whiteboarding design sessions, troubleshoot architecture issues and provide creative solutions to technical challenges
- Create clear, defensible, and high-quality documentation including diagrams, proposals, and description related to software and cloud architectures
Skills - Experience and Requirements
A successful Cloud Application Architect will possess these qualifications:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, Mathematics or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of hands-on experience designing and building cloud-native architectures for AWS, Azure, or GCP (AWS Certified Architect preferred)
- Experience implementing and troubleshooting modern security solutions including token-based authentication, OAuth 2.0 workflows, SAML authentication and authorization techniques.
- 10+ years of hands-on object-oriented engineering experience in scaled software development teams.
- Experience writing software in more than one of the following languages:
- Python or similar
- Experience crafting and developing DevOps pipelines for cloud applications
- Experience with ORM technologies like Hibernate, EntityFramework, Mongoose ODM, Sequelize and TypeORM
- Familiarity with microservice and serverless architectures such as BEFE patterns, hexagonal architecture design and domain-driven architecture.
- Familiarity with container services including Docker, DockerSwarm and Kubernetes
- Experience with Gitflow and Scrum development processes preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills and experience leading technical teams and driving DevOps transformations.