Zoom is an award-winning workplace. We have been recognized by Comparably as #1 CEO, Company Happiness, Benefits, Compensation, Diversity, and more! Not to mention we’ve been awarded by Glassdoor as the 2nd Best US workplace & Best Large Company US CEO in 2018, Wealthfront, and Business Insider. Our culture focuses on delivering happiness, our commitment to transparency, and the tangible benefits we provide our employees and our customers.The Zoom Client Application Team is looking for an energetic and passionate Software Engineer who will perform client application common layer development for Zoom Phone on Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS and Android. In this role, you will utilize your knowledge of application programming to scale these widely-used Zoom programs across platforms.Summary:
- Write client common modules for Zoom Phone and develop prototypes quickly.
- Design major software components and features.
- Work closely with Engineering partners, Product and Project Managers, Product Designers, and DevOps to drive engineering release and deliver success.
- Partner with technical support and customer success, while also communicating with customers to troubleshoot product issues and deliver happiness to our users.
- Gathers, organizes, and prioritizes specifications for new client development and enhancements, including design, functionality, and accessibility. (25%)
- Integrate client with phone web, phone server and phone SDK.
- Integrate application with backend tools such as cloud, APIs and push notifications
- Write elegant, stable, efficient, and scalable code, design and build applications for the Windows platform and reusable for other platforms (25%)
- Work on both client UI module and Common module.
- Work on Audio devices capabilities
- Participates in the development process from definition to designing, building, testing, release, and maintenance. (20%)
- Involved in the whole product development process from the beginning.
- Take part in the design of framework architecture and module integration.
- Work as a developer on a client module and take a system level to promise the quality of the code.
- Combines data, best practices, and the latest technologies to continuously improve Zoom client applications. (15%)
- Collect and maintain data from internal system and service providers
- Convert raw data into actionable items that comply with business requirements to figure out the weakness of the current service.
- Monitor data input to ensure real time data accuracy and integrity for faster and better service.
- Documents and maintains client content requirements. (15%)
- Maintain Zoom Phone client development standards, especially about security, availability, scalability, performance, robustness, and testing.
- Build performance evaluation format to measure system pressure and server performance.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related
- 5+yrs of professional C++ development experience.
- Solid understanding of ATL (Active Template Library) and multi-thread programming
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related.
- Debugging and performance benchmark experience on Windows.
- Experience with specialist domains: real-time collaboration application development, real-time multimedia communication application development, SIP application development, third party libraries in C/C++.
- Familiar with TCP/IP, SIP/RTP, http, libcurl
- Experience with cross platform development (Mac, iOS, Android)
- Good debug skill, the ideal candidate shall be able to determine the root cause and/or location of the problem by interpreting stack trace.
- Excellent foundation in computer science, with competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design optimized for minimum binary size, maximum performance, and large scale.
- Good communication skills.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Zoom’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records as well as any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Hear from our leadership team
Browse Awards and Employee Reviews on Comparably
Visit our Blog
Zoom with us!
Find us on social at the links below and on Instagram