In most cases, you will have the opportunity to choose your preferred working location from the following options when you join Zoom: in-person, hybrid or remote. Visit this page for more information about Zoom's Workstyles .
Zoomies help people stay connected so they can get more done together. We set out to build the best video product for the enterprise, and today help people communicate better with products like Zoom Contact Center, Zoom Phone, Zoom Events, Zoom Apps, Zoom Rooms, and Zoom Webinars.
We're problem-solvers, working at a fast pace to design solutions with our customers and users in mind. Here, you'll work across teams to deliver impactful projects that are changing the way people communicate and enjoy opportunities to advance your career in a diverse, inclusive environment.
Client Software Engineer, Security & Cryptography
REMOTE / PRODUCT SECURITY /FULL-TIME
Zoom Security Engineering is hiring engineers to join our client
infrastructure team. We'll be building out the client components of
the Zoom E2EE system as described in our white paper .
In particular, we'll be developing cryptographic identity distributed
across multiple devices, and clients that create, consume and process
append-only cryptographic data structures like "sigchains" and
Candidates should have a love for cryptography, security, a zeal for
challenging integrations, and a knack for testing and debugging.
- Implementation of networked cryptographic protocols
- Integration of cryptographic libraries into a large, multiplatform codebase
- Planning new cryptographic protocols for new applications
- Unit and integration testing; automation of these tests
- Reading and understanding technical cryptographic specifications
- Secure coding practices
- Teamwork and good collaboration skills
- Debugging, both in development and production via limited log feedback
- Code reviews
- 4-year bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- OR a minimum of 6+ years of programming experience in a technical industry
- Proficiency in a modern compiled systems programming language like Go, Rust or C++ (minimum 3 years)
- Experience in C/C++
- Experience in distributed systems programming
- Experience with cryptography and security engineering (3+ years)
Zoom is an award-winning workplace. We have been recognized by Comparably as #1 CEO, Company Happiness, Benefits, Compensation, Diversity, and more! Not to mention we've been awarded by Glassdoor as the 2nd Best US workplace & Best Large Company US CEO in 2018, Wealthfront, and Business Insider. Our culture focuses on delivering happiness, our commitment to transparency, and the tangible benefits we provide our employees and our customers.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. Zoom is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records and any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a medical condition, or if you need assistance accessing our website or completing the application process, please let us know by emailing us at [email protected] .
Colorado Salary Range or On Target Earnings:
In addition to the base salary and/or OTE listed, Zoom has a Total Direct Compensation philosophy that takes into consideration base salary, bonus and equity value. Information about Zoom's benefits is here . Note: Starting pay will be based on a number of factors and commensurate with qualifications & experience. We also have a location based compensation structure; there may be a different range for candidates in other locations.
- Hear from our leadership team
- Browse Awards and Employee Reviews on Comparably
- Visit our Blog
- Zoom with us!
- Find us on social at the links below and on Instagram
- View more jobs, sign up for job alerts and join our talent community. Visit the Zoom careers site .