Client Engineer at Zoom Video Communications (Remote)
In most cases, you will have the opportunity to choose your preferred working location from the following options when you join Zoom: in-person, hybrid or remote. Visit this page for more information about Zoom's Workstyles .
Zoom is growing at an explosive pace by every measure - revenues, people, innovation, and customers. Led by Eric S. Yuan, the #1 ranked CEO on Glassdoor, our unique culture makes Zoom an awesome place to work. We are expanding teams across the organization. If you are motivated by delivering happiness, come join us at Zoom!
Zoom is looking for an energetic and passionate Software Engineer who will perform client development for Zoom. In this role, you will utilize your knowledge of native desktop client application programming to scale these widely-used programs on MacOS or Windows.
What you'll do:
- Develop and maintain Zoom APIs on Windows or MacOS platforms
- Use Objective-C (For Mac only) OR modern C++ to design and develop new functionalities from product managers and customers.
- Able to use the performance tools like Instruments and other system profiling tool to measure application performance and energy usage, and able to make improvement of the whole application performance.
- Work closely with QA team, Product and Project Managers, Product Designers, and DevOps to drive engineering release and deliver success.
- Need to communicate with technical support, customer success, or customers to deal with product issues and tickets.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related.
- 2 years of software development experience.
- 2 years of experience in Windows or MacOS native client development.
- Proficient in C++, Visual Studio (or XCode, Objective-C and Cocoa Framework).
- Master's degree in Computer Science or related.
- Excellent foundation in computer science, with competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design optimized for minimum binary size, maximum performance and large scale.
Colorado Salary Range or On Target Earnings:
In addition to the base salary and/or OTE listed, Zoom has a Total Direct Compensation philosophy that takes into consideration base salary, bonus and equity value. Information about Zoom's benefits is here . Note: Starting pay will be based on a number of factors and commensurate with qualifications & experience. We also have a location based compensation structure; there may be a different range for candidates in other locations.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. Zoom is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records as well as any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a medical condition, or if you need assistance accessing our website or completing the application process, please let us know by emailing us at [email protected] .
Zoom requires all U.S. employees who will work in person at a Zoom office, attend in-person Zoom meetings or have in-person customer meetings to be fully vaccinated. Zoom will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons as required under applicable law.
- Hear from our leadership team
- Browse Awards and Employee Reviews on Comparably
- Visit our Blog
- Zoom with us!
- Find us on social at the links below and on Instagram
- View more jobs, sign up for job alerts and join our talent community. Visit the Zoom careers site .