Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Civil/Structural Engineer II
Go Beyond® with Ball Aerospace Facilities & Support Services team! The Facilities team is comprised of over 65 dedicated Facilities professionals, supporting Ball Aerospace’s two million SF of real estate over 39 properties in Colorado. This established team of Facilities professionals is committed to service and support, continuous improvement, and creating and maintaining Facilities that enable world class engineers and technicians to create a better, safer and more informed and productive world.
Ball’s Facilities Engineering Services team provides facilities designs and engineering guidance across Ball campuses in Westminster, Lafayette, Broomfield and Boulder. We are seeking a candidate to be the civil/structural engineering technical expert for the Facilities organization. In this role, the successful candidate will perform structural/civil engineering duties in planning, designing, overseeing construction, and maintenance of building structures and facilities.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and maintain structural standards for design and construction.
- Develop and implement strategies to identify, monitor and repair structural issues with buildings.
- Prepare statements of work to solicit design or construction proposals.
- Take lead engineering role, with responsibilities for multiple disciplines, and be the technical expert on construction projects.
- Plan, budget and manage design and study efforts.
- Manage outside design resources needed to execute projects and studies.
- Review new designs for quality, effectiveness and adherence to standards.
- Provide technical guidance to consulting engineers, or in-house managers regarding design, construction, or program modifications or structural repairs.
- Perform structural analysis of existing building components.
- Monitor and assess impact of regulatory changes related to building and systems design.
- Mentor and guide less experienced personnel.
- Complete design tasks as needed.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 5 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Degree in Civil Engineering preferred.
- Professional Engineering license (PE) preferred.
- Working knowledge of all aspects of facility design (civil, structural, mechanical, electrical, architectural).
- Working knowledge of building structures and components including steel, cast-in-place concrete, precast and tilt-up concrete, masonry, and light gauge systems.
- Working knowledge of building codes.
- Experience with design of secured spaces is highly preferred.
- Experience working in a manufacturing or industrial environment highly desired.
- Proficient in the use of personal computer software such as: Microsoft Office Suite, AutoCAD Revit, and BIM.
- Proven history of using critical thinking skills to improve processes/operations and increase efficiency.
- Demonstrated ability to manage work schedule and meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills and detail-orientation demonstrated thru an ability to manage work schedule, manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Proven history of implementation of safe workplace practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and presentation skills.
- Proven history of creating collaborative relationships across the company and all levels of personnel.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $92,000 - $114,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.