Chief Technology Officer at Four Winds Interactive
FWI is searching for an experienced, passionate CTO to lead our technology organization, with responsibility for the vision, leadership, and implementation of overall engineering strategy, development and test processes. We are looking for a customer focused engineering leader with a sharp product sense to lead our Engineering organization.
Reporting directly to our Chief Executive Officer, this person is a key member of the Executive Leadership Team.
- Directly and indirectly manage and inspire a global team of over 100 in a high-capacity, high-performing distributed Engineering organization with resources in offshoring locations.
- Collaborate with company leadership and cross-functional product teams to form technology roadmaps in support of the Product Plan.
- Drive technical teams to develop and execute on FWI product and vision.
- Lead and collaborate on key architectural decisions and design considerations.
- Lead technology & business planning, project management and business analysis to achieve business goals by identifying and prioritizing development initiatives and setting timetables for the evaluation, development, and deployment of all technology-based services.
- Position the company through cutting-edge software, and other enterprise-wide applications and their alignment with the strategic direction of the business.
- Define technical architecture & set vision for software development teams to ensure projects are delivered in a timely manner with expected user functionality and reliability.
- Implement cloud solutions and evaluate solutions that expand the reach of the organization.
- Maintain a proactive information security posture of all technology systems.
- Evaluate overall operations and technology functions and recommend enhancements.
- Track and manage key metrics such as R&D costs, team performance and business/technical KPIs (Jira, Confluence, etc.).
- Drive successful project and product execution using the Agile development model (scrums, sprints, Kanban, etc.).
- Ensure appropriate processes to deliver against industry benchmarks in reliability and performance.
- Establish and implement short and long-term goals and timelines, provide feedback, and perform quarterly reviews of direct reports.
- Develop and mentor upcoming leaders and key engineers.
- Develop and manage budgets.
- Supervise system infrastructure to ensure functionality and efficiency.
- Partner with key stakeholders, including: Executive Team, product management, marketing, sales, and customers.
- Use stakeholders’ feedback to inform necessary improvements and adjustments to technology.
- Identify opportunities and risks for delivering the company’s services through technology and innovation.
- Assess obstacles and technical hurdles to success and recommend solutions.
- Evaluate and implement improvements to the current system for ongoing innovation and disruption in the industry.
Requirements for Success:
- 15 years of proven success in a complex, technological environment with increasing responsibility in product development leadership.
- Able to drive creation of technical roadmap and define target state architecture.
- Ability to break down a strategic roadmap into a focused series of wins that the team can rally around.
- Proven ability to conduct technological analyses and research.
- Familiarity with Cloud infrastructure and solutions (such as AWS, Azure, etc.).
- Experience in nimble, fast-paced environments. Has successfully adopted Agile processes (scrums, sprints, Kanban, SAFe, etc.).
- Proven success leading and inspiring technology professionals to succeed in a transformational, highly competitive market, keeping the team focused on strategies and tactics to best leverage the resources of a growing company.
- A sucessful track record leading technology teams through the hyper-growth period, entering the maturity phase and potentially through future product engineering events.
- Experienced in recruiting, hiring and retaining top engineering talent.
- Has successfully established and scaled offshore COEs (Center of Excellence), with demonstrated results of delivering on the product roadmap and supporting operations.
- Has delivered matured technology services enterprise architecture, data and DevOps across service lines in a shared services model.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with the non-technical parts of the business to get the entire company on the same page with regard to the roadmap and any challenges that arise.
- Maintain explicit efforts to share knowledge between functions and departments outside of Engineering/Product Self-motivated, strong in building relationships, team player, dynamic, and creative.
- Strong influencing skills and ability to create buy-in.
The compensation package will be aligned to each candidate’s experience and qualifications. All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
About Four Winds Interactive
With 6,000+ clients and over 500,000 screens deployed, FWI’s software platform is driving Visual Communications to millions of people every day, all over the world. We are a values-driven organization that encourages our employees to bring their authentic self to work every day and empowers everyone to make a tangible impact on our products, clients and culture. Our employees are passionate about their craft, but they are also parents, skiers, comedians, runners, animal lovers, foodies and phenomenal human beings who appreciate our dedication to providing a healthy work/life balance.
We’re proud to be one of Built In Colorado’s top digital tech companies. At FWI, our culture is important to us. We are a diverse team of talented, passionate people who want to make a difference, but don’t take ourselves too seriously. If our core values speak to you, we want to meet you:
- Bring your best self
- See it
- Own it
- Crush it
- Be Gracious
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.