Certified Process Instructor - Process Control Engineering at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers’ missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong execution.
Certified Process Instructor – Process Control Engineering
What You'll Do:
- Provide advanced certification instruction and training on specialized procedures and techniques including Electronics and Cable assembly to IPC-J-STD-001 with Space Addendum, IPC-A-610 & IPC/WHMA-A-620 with Space Addendum to other employees.
- Assist in developing processes and procedures essential to departmental compliance and high hardware quality.
- Maintain certification schedule, rosters, required logs, records, and reports in accordance with Ball Aerospace policies/procedures and government regulations.
- Solder/de-solder surface mount and through-hole electronic components to Printed Circuit Boards.
- Perform visual inspection processes.
- Support anomaly resolution and implementation of corrective actions.
- Participate in industry-wide working groups or seminars and be recognized by industry experts, suppliers, and customers.
- Regular communication and interaction with higher level management, customers, and internal and external auditors.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 16 or more years of related experience or a related two-year technical degree and 14 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- 2 years of experience in certification instruction. At least 1 year experience in IPC certification instruction preferred, but not required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to clearly communicate in written and oral presentations.
- Ability to present technical information in front of large groups (>20 people).
- Certification to IPC standards as a certified trainer preferred.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, clean room, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $37.74 - $51.20 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.