Carrier Peering Architect at Zoom Video Communications (Remote)
Zoom is an award-winning workplace. We have been recognized by Comparably as #1 CEO, Company Happiness, Benefits, Compensation, Diversity, and more! Not to mention we've been awarded by Glassdoor as the 2nd Best US workplace & Best Large Company US CEO in 2018, Wealthfront, and Business Insider. Our culture focuses on delivering happiness, our commitment to transparency, and the tangible benefits we provide our employees and our customers.
- Partner with Product Manager, Carrier Relations to evaluate prospect carriers, assess service catalog, lead technical discussions, and include onboarding new carriers.
- Lead technical evaluation of the carrier's product and services; joint collaboration with Network Engineering, and DevOps to ensure that Zoom's services are compatible with the carrier's infrastructure during the POC trial stage.
- Align with the Network Engineering team, capture technical requirements and develop a next-generation peering platform for Zoom to reach top eye-ball networks geographically and improve how Zoom connects with its customers.
- Cultivate relationships with Zoom's telecommunication and network providers.
- Coordinate between Business Units to translate technical and commercial needs into viable interconnection solutions for Backbone Transport, IP Transit, and SIP requirements.
- Identify Carrier options available which address diversity, business continuity, and disaster recovery requirements for backbone and interconnect projects.
- Based on industry knowledge, address technical requirements and capabilities with internal Business Units and the Carriers.
- Provision and document global Telco and Network Carrier services in support of Zoom's global backbone to include, but not limited to, IP Transit, point-to-point waves, cloud connectivity, and SIP infrastructures.
- Participate in network and financial costs analysis and identify where efficiencies can be achieved.
- Manage multiple projects and meet deadlines while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction.
- GLOBAL experience is a must.
- BS/BA degree and/or 5+ years working within the Telecommunications industry whether for a Carrier or having managed Carriers.
- Must be strong in global carrier peering; seasoned dealing with eye-ball networks in various regions such as North America, APAC, EMEA, and LATAM.
- 10+ years experience designing or managing Wide Area Networks, Multi-homed Internet connectivity, global carrier peering, and SIP infrastructures.
- 5+ years experience working at or with Hyperscale companies.
- Sales Engineering or Technical Account Manager experience with a Carrier is a plus.
- Knowledge of the basic milestones within the Telecom provisioning process and how to manage the lifecycle.
- Ability to articulate and troubleshoot Layer 7 OSI Model.
- Strong business and technical acumen with the ability to translate between the two.
- Ability to present to various audiences including, but not limited to, Product Management, Network Engineering, Operations, and Executives.
- Confidence and ability to negotiate with service providers.
- Self-motivated with the ability to dive right in, be effective, and make a difference.
- Familiarity with G-Suite, Asana, Jira
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Zoom's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records as well as any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Zoom requires all U.S. employees who will work in person at a Zoom office, attend in-person Zoom meetings or have in-person customer meetings to be fully vaccinated. Zoom will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons as required under applicable law.
- Hear from our leadership team
- Browse Awards and Employee Reviews on Comparably
- Visit our Blog
- Zoom with us!
- Find us on social at the links below and on Instagram