Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by designing technology to create opportunities for all. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $5B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation
Checkr is looking for an experienced Staff Software Engineer to join the Candidate and Evaluation group, focusing on our post-hire continuous safety product suite. This team is focused on building products that enable an ongoing relationship between employers and employees. You will work on building a differentiated post-hire experience that enables companies to facilitate pre-hire screening at the time of onboarding and maintain on-going trust and safety.
Because we process millions of records each year, every engineering challenge our group faces – compliance, data quality, speed, and reliability – is a challenge we face at scale. We also face deep product challenges from a highly fragmented and decentralized data ecosystem, which means every engineering choice we make is also an opportunity to reduce bias in the hiring process.
- Own the product development from ideation, design, implementation, to release
- Partner with product in designing new features
- Collaborate with the team in driving architecture and implementation of new products/features
- Ensure the quality, reliability, and scalability of our services
- Provide mentorship to more junior members of the team
- Partner with product and management in project planning
What you bring:
- 8+ years experience as a software engineer working with languages such as Ruby, Python, or GoLang.
- 3+ years experience in a project leadership role
- Experience providing mentorship to junior engineers
- A passion for optimizing services for scale and speed
- Strong understanding of infrastructure behind a micro-service architecture
- Deep understanding of microservices design, REST APIs, and asynchronous queueing models
- Strong collaboration, communication and project management skills
- A strong sense of ownership
- Experience spearheading adoption of best practice for the team to improve code quality and velocity
- A great desire to learn, collaborate, improve, and innovate
The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $160,650-$189,000.
What you get
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Up to 25K reimbursement for fertility, adoption, and parental planning services
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.