Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving understanding of the past. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $2.2B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
Checkr is looking for an experienced Staff / Lead Software Engineer to lead a series of products which will facilitate collection and processing of millions of records from Checkr’s largest customers in real time. The project involves complex integration with our existing core background check architecture as well as building new micro-services to handle the scale and distribution of data. In this role, you will be responsible for architecting and implementing the future of these products, overseeing a team of Europe based contractors, and partnering closely with the product manager to define new features, timeline and scoping. You will collaborate with the team to ensure we are building reliable and scalable solutions.
- Own the product development from ideation, design, implementation, to release
- Oversee the team of contractors in managing deliverables
- Partner with product in designing new features
- Drive the architecture and implementation
- Ensure the quality, reliability, and scalability of our services
- Collaborate with the team in designing and implementing new features
- Partner with product and management in project planning, focusing on timeline and scoping
What you bring:
- 10+ years experience as a software engineer working with languages such as Ruby, Python, or GoLang.
- 5+ years experience in a project leadership role
- A passion for optimizing services for scale and speed
- Strong understanding of infrastructure behind a micro-service architecture
- Deep understanding of microservices design, REST APIs, and asynchronous queueing models
- Strong collaboration, communication and project management skills
- Experience leading and working with contractors
- A strong sense of ownership
- A great desire to learn, collaborate, improve, and innovate
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $160,650-$189,000.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.