Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by designing technology to create opportunities for all. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $5B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation
Checkr is looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to lead our new Candidate focused team. This team is focused on 3 key areas:
- Developing a delightful candidate experience with a focus on clarity, ease of use, and fairness for candidates
- Reducing the operational burden and manual work required internally to manage candidates, lowering the number of manual touch points needed per candidate
- Creating a flexible candidate flow that customers can easily use as a building block in their processes
The team will own the centralized identity of our candidates in the system, workflows to support our candidates through the background check process, and end user experiences to further enhance the candidate experience. This role will be responsible for leading the newly formed existing team as well as growing the team to support the future product roadmap.
Behind the scenes, we embrace micro-services as the best way to isolate everything and select the right tool for the job. We also love asynchronous architectures and building RESTful APIs. We are focused and excited by data processing at scale. Checkr was founded by engineers for engineers; we want to create the best environment for developers to build, learn and love their work.
- Design, implement and scale our microservice architecture
- Enable to the team to build scalable front-end end user experiences
- Representing the team in planning and product meetings
- Collaborate with engineering and design teams to ship new, impactful products and features
- Build a deep understanding and empathy for Checkr’s customers and their candidates.
- Partner with product in driving the technical and product roadmap for measurable business outcomes
- Manage the performance and career growth of individuals on the team
- Hire to grow the team
What you bring:
- 2+ years as an engineering manager
- 5+ years as engineer
- Deep understanding of software engineering principles, including service architecture, system design, and front-end design
- Expertise in building world class user experiences
- Able to develop inclusive teams to foster growth and diversity
- Strong skills in critical thinking, decision making, problem-solving, and attention to detail
- Experience bringing new products to market from conception to launch
- Experience working on products at scale, and understanding the data, legal, technical nuances of supporting complex products
The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $176,800-$208,000.
What you get
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Up to 25K reimbursement for fertility, adoption, and parental planning services
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.