C++ Engineer Contractor at Alteryx, Inc.
This would be an initial 90-day contract, with the possibility of extension / conversion
Alteryx supports many different data connections ranging from local file types to data sources in the cloud and the list will continue to grow. The Data Connectors team is responsible for the full integration of data connections, which involves the implementation of user interfaces and back-end processing using 3rd party libraries. The ideal candidate will have experience in maintaining and modernizing, as well as the curiosity and drive to work within a large, complex system using a variety of programming languages and technologies. Your work will be customer facing and have a significant impact on the user experience of a product used and loved by many people in a variety of industries.
- Design and implement fixes into the engine that revolves around the Apache Spark on Databricks connector.
- Ensure the long-term quality of the code you develop through unit and functional testing.
- Communicate frequently with quality assurance, product management, customer support and other development teams to coordinate work efforts.
- Required Skills:
- 5+ years’ experience with C++.
- Excellent problem solving and debugging skills (Windows/Visual Studio).
- Experience working with Apache Spark on Databricks a plus.
- Demonstrated professional expertise in understanding and implementing OO design patterns.
- Experience working with relational and NoSQL databases and query languages a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and listening skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently with minimal direction and guidance.
- Ability to quickly identify and acquire information necessary for solving problems.