C++ Developer - Production Support at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Science
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team:
The Client Experience team for Apex Securities Finance is dedicated to solving day-to-day challenges to our FIS hosted and licensed clients. The team is comprised of both functional and technical professionals that assist the client with questions and or issues encountered when using the application. The Client Experience team works closely with our colleagues in the Business, Product, Development and IT Operations team to deliver quality service to our clients.
What you will be doing:
As a C++ Developer - Production Support you will work and interact directly with the clients using the application. You will also triage and work with the respective internal teams to provide resolutions and solutions to the client and debug C++ code.
- Provide in-depth product support to FIS clients using ApexSF software by resolving incoming queries and issues by responding to ApexSF product issues via telephone or in written tickets with advisement.
- Debug C++ Code
- Troubleshoot complex problems with ApexSF software applications and recommends corrective actions along with workarounds providing services to agreed SLA's.
- Resolve customer concerns raised during installation, operation, maintenance or product application or compatibility matters.
- Recreate client issues in test environment, Identifies/documents how applications and systems interact to support business processes working closely with our colleagues in the Business, Product, Development and IT Operations team to deliver quality service to our clients.
- Document customer information and recurring technical issues to support product quality programs and product development.
- Support weekend activities which may be required for validation of release upgrades and disaster Recovery testing on occasion.
- As the senior member of the group, you would be looked upon to also provide mentoring and guidance to newer and more junior team members.
What you bring:
- 5+ years with C++
- Strong skills in C++ using Visual Studio and be able to debug proficiently.
- Experience with Relational Databases preferably Oracle.
- Reasonable knowledge of Linux and Windows.
- A structured and methodical approach to problem investigation and resolution.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- A commitment to hard work, the ability to work individually and as part of a team with the willingness at times to work under pressure.
Added bonus if you have:
- Experience in Java.
- Experience in messaging services.
- Proven experience in a support or development role within either a financial institution or software company working on capital market solutions.
- Hands on experience in some of the following areas:
- Stock Lending
What we offer you:
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.