Build System Architect
Are you data-driven? We at NetApp believe in the transformative power of data – to expand customer touchpoints, to foster greater innovation, and to optimize operations. We are designed for simplicity, optimized to protect, created to embrace future opportunity, and open to enrich choice. We are the data authority for hybrid cloud, and we are helping our customers realize the full potential of their data.
We’ve built a Data Fabric for a data-driven world – to simplify and integrate data management across the resources that are best for the business. With the Data Fabric, our customers can harness the power of cloud data services, build cloud infrastructures, and modernize storage through data management.
By building cloud infrastructures, customers get the scale and quality of service that modern applications require. Only NetApp can help organizations focus on the business at hand when they develop a zero-touch infrastructure that manages apps, data and services as one integrated resource supporting both public and private clouds.
NetApp is the data authority for hybrid cloud. We provide a full range of hybrid cloud data services that simplify management of applications and data across cloud and on-premises environments to accelerate digital transformation. Together with our partners, we empower global organizations to unleash the full potential of their data to expand customer touchpoints, foster greater innovation, and optimize their operations.
As a member of the Central Engineering organization, you will design, develop and deploy build systems and services that support and delight our product development teams, propelling our development processes to the next level. You will be expected to lead the collaboration across the engineering organization to understand the needs of our internal engineering customers and develop the roadmap to get us there.
You will provide leadership and expertise in the development of new products, services, and processes - frequently operating at the leading edge of technology. You will be expected to research, recommend, and build consensus - guiding the team in choosing effective tools, conducting trade studies and make/buy analyses, and aligning services and products toward reliability, maintainability, and effectiveness.
- A strong belief in automation and are driven to achieve short build/test cycle times, ideally with 4-6 years experience designing and deploying build systems at scale in a linux environment
- Deep or hands on knowledge of build systems infrastructure and tools, such as Jenkins, Artifactory, Mercurial and/or GIT in a Linux environment
- Solid understanding of Linux container technologies such as Docker
- Ability to characterize and evaluate system level challenges, design and deploy production ready technical solutions to achieve organizational level goals, and leverage a talented and diverse team of engineers to make it happen
- Data driven mindset, with strong problem-solving skills and analytical capabilities to be able to support theories/solutions using underlying data.
- Enthusiastic and energetic with an inherent curiosity to question the norm.
- A degree in Computer Science or related field, or additional experience and/or certifications
You May Have:
- Experience configuring hardware, networks, software, and/or virtualization (ESX, Xen), etc.
- Experience programming in Python or a similar unix scripting language
- Hands on experience integrating development and test tools
- Knowledge of configuration management systems such as Ansible or Puppet
- Previous experience as a systems or software architect
- Experience working within a scaled agile (SAFe) organization
Typically requires a minimum of 12 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 8 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 5 years experience; or equivalent experience.
So get ready to tap into the data visionary within, and join us as we accelerate digital transformation and empower our customers to change the world with data!
If you ask a NetApp employee why they work here, the answer is inevitably the same: the people. At NetApp, our culture is at the heart of what we do. We place importance in trust, integrity, teamwork, and caring above all else. NetApp is a place where people are empowered to make a difference. Empowered to innovate. Empowered to collaborate. Empowered to help ourselves and others be data-driven and change the world. We take care of each other, our customers, our partners, and our communities simply because it’s the right thing to do.
We work hard but also recognize the importance of work-life balance for our employees because what’s important to them is important to us! Recently we implemented Family First, which encourages employees to take paid time off to bond with a new child (through birth or adoption) or to care for a family member with a serious health condition. Our volunteer time off program is best in class, offering employees 40 hours of paid time off per year to donate their time with their favorite organizations. We provide comprehensive medical, dental, wellness and vision plans for you and your family. We offer educational assistance, legal services, and access to discounts and fitness centers. We also offer financial savings programs to help you plan for your future.
Join us and see what empowerment can do.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled