Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry by making genetic testing affordable and accessible for everyone to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
This position mixes technical leadership with staff support activities. You will be building a team of bioinformaticists and engineers focused on building reliable, re-usable and precise tools for verifying NGS pipelines used in cancer diagnostics.
You will be applying your software engineering expertise and/or your bioinformatics expertise to build automated testing tools in Python. You will author some test cases, but primarily the focus is on creating the tools, framework and infrastructure needed for other developers to do their own testing. You will be integrating your work and helping assist your team in getting their work integrated in a CI/CD pipeline.
You will also be using or developing expertise in verification strategies, from a bioinformatics POV, from a software engineering POV as well as a regulatory compliance POV. You will own processes, training and work instructions related to test automation.
Invitae is making assays better, faster and cheaper for cancer diagnostics. This role is key for the ongoing development and maintenance of these cancer diagnostic systems.
- Your commitment, passion and drive will affect patient outcomes.
- You see the value in rules.
- You want to mentor and coach colleagues.
- You love solving interesting problems.
- Collaborate with scientists, clinical personnel, software developers, and data managers to develop a deep understanding of Archer’s platform and key product development questions
- Interpret and communicate findings to biologists, engineers, and others via reports and presentations
- Be the expert on test automation for safety regulations (IEC 62304, ISO 14971)
- Hire, coach and train new team-mates.
- Design scalable, maintainable and well tested commercial-grade software for the automation and support of pipeline verification.
- Follow company policies for producing CDx/IVD software in the planning and development stages of a regulatory submission
- Review, understanding, and compliance with ArcherDX HIPAA Security policies and procedures
- Safeguarding the privacy and security of protected health information and European Union personal data
- Processing and handling of European Union personal data only as directed by ArcherDX for purposes of personalized molecular pathology
- 2+ years of professional bioinformatics experience (an advanced degree can count towards professional experience) -or-
- 2+ years of professional software engineering experience
- Understanding of FDA regulations for software development in medical devices is preferred
- Formal software development experience is plus
- Proficiency in object oriented design principles is a plus
- Insatiable curiosity
- Introspective and self-aware
- Healthy dose of insecurity that leads to data driven decisions
- Relies on data more than gut instinct
- Puts the team harmony over their own self-interest
- Disciplined to follow process
- Proven managerial skills to bring teams together to achieve common goals
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Proven ability to thrive in a change-oriented environment
- Self Starter
- Self-directed: needs little explicit direction and no hand-holding
- Able to organize and prioritize a diverse set of responsibilities to ensure that focus on growth and success of company is achieved
- BS/BA or greater in computer science or related field and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s geographic location, qualifications, skills, competencies and experience and may fall outside of the range shown.
Invitae offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes healthcare coverage, 401k, and a broad range of other benefits, outlined below:
- Health, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, and basic life insurance coverage
- Paid time off, holiday pay, parental leave, and other health and wellness supports
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.