BI Engineer at GoSpotCheck
Greater Denver Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:07 a.m. (MST) on Thursday, August 15, 2019
GoSpotCheck is a team of 130+ of the best and brightest minds in Denver who all share a common goal: to reimagine how the mobile workforce works.
200+ enterprise brands in 70 countries across 6 continents power their mobile workforces with GoSpotCheck. Our software helps teams perfect merchandising, increase sales, reduce labor and expenses, ensure safety and quality, and improve profitability from the field. We do this with dynamic surveys, digital photo capture, machine learning, artificial intelligence, advanced analytics, IoT and data integrations, Bluetooth thermometer integrations, and automated issue resolution with flexible workflows. We power cloud-based mobile and desktop solutions and provide fast implementations to deliver quick time to value. We currently serve the retail, fast moving consumer goods/consumer goods, restaurant, beer-wine-spirits, facilities, commercial real estate, and healthcare industries and equip their operations and sales teams with elegant, easy-to-use tools to do their jobs efficiently in the field.
Our customers have completed an incredible 500,000,000 business-building missions using our tools, and include market leaders like PepsiCo, Beam Suntory, Panera Bread, Danone, Under Armour and more.
What You'll Do
You will work on our Professional Services team, owning large parts of our custom reporting suite. You’ll put your expertise to work by building and maintaining data flows, and building reports that help our customers make better decisions about their business. You will low-code tools to design and optimize customer ETL processes, data models and reporting.
What We'll Achieve
- We’ll provide intuitive reports that enable customers to make better decisions and measure the outcomes.
- We’ll translate business requirements to design technical solutions to meet customer needs.
- We’ll analyze and resolve database and data integration issues.
- At the end of the day, we’ll improve the way business is done out in the field, thanks to your commitment to building a quality product!
Who You Are
- You have advanced SQL skills.
- You have 1+ years of experience implementing reporting solutions like business intelligence dashboards. Your previous experience with Looker, PostgreSQL or Snowflake is a plus.
- You have solid knowledge of relational database concepts and management strategies.
- You have created and managed ETL flows using tools like SSIS, Alteryx, or FME.
- You have a desire to problem solve and provide quality reporting.
- You will become a valued partner to our customers, and be regarded as the expert in bridging data analytics with business strategy.
- You always value the team over individuals and can point to examples of successful collaborative cultures you have thrived in.
- You are tech balanced and vendor/product neutral - You leave personal bias out of it.
- You are delivery oriented, and understand the tradeoffs between complete and perfect.
- You accept and act on constructive criticism, and recognize the value of knowing what you don’t know.
- Bonus points if you not only have these skills, but have also applied them to scaling applications!
- You appreciate and align with our company values.
We are innovators: We believe in the power of human ingenuity and create technology to unleash it. We’re here to free mobile workers from the mundane and open up new worlds of possibility and prosperity, powered by the people.
We are leaders: We believe we’re only as successful as our customers. We’re here to help them reach their goals. We provide exceptional customer service, strategic recommendations, and personalized account management to ensure they’re successful.
We are problem-solvers: We believe business has a fundamental imperative to help solve the complex challenges facing our planet today. We built a company centered on helping them succeed so they can do just that.
GoSpotCheck offers competitive salaries and full benefits for full-time employees. We want to work with empathetic, smart, customer-obsessed, growth-minded, passionately curious professionals and “doers” who share our common values. We’re passionate about creating intuitive, beautiful, effective tools to power the mobile workforce around the world. We are honored to be BuiltIn Colorado's - #1 Midsize Company to Work For in Colorado 2019, category winner of the 2016 Denver Business Journal’s - Best Places to Work, 2017 Denver Post’s - Top Workplaces, and one of Outside Magazine’s 50 Best Places to Work in 2018. We take pride in doing great work, and truly love coming in to the office every day.
GoSpotCheck is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Read Full Job Description