Role: Backend Software Engineer
Sunday: Unbox a better lawn. We’re a venture-funded, Boulder-based startup that’s reinventing the lawn and garden space through a lens of e-commerce and technology. Our data-driven service and products will help 90+ million Americans turn their yards into verdant, sustainable ecosystems - without all the toxic stuff. (Think custom meal kits for lawns, minus all the tedious chopping!)
We are backed by a group of experienced investors and advisors, and now we are looking for the right people to join our core team. Together, we will disrupt an industry by building cuttingedge greenfield products that help people and the environment.
Competitive pay, equity compensation, and fantastic company culture.
Sunday is looking for talented and motivated engineers to work building a direct to consumer platform that aims to help people grow. With an ever expanding customer base we have a long roadmap of amazing products to build. Key to this role will be the ability to balance both short-term deliverables and long-term goals as Sunday continues to thrive and scale for the future. We look forward to hiring someone who will work tirelessly to understand our customers and deliver the best possible experience to them through collaboration with internal teams beyond engineering.
- Design, build, and deploy production software to meet immediate and future business needs
- Contribute to development of stable and scalable backend for a data heavy D2C (Direct to Consumer) business
- Collaborate with Product and Operations teams to design and implement both internal and customer facing features and tools
- Lend support to maintain and improve the software platform in its entirety
- Ideally at least 5 years, minimum of 3+ years experience working with Python building large scale web applications/APIs (Django is a plus).
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively towards individual goals.
- Positive attitude with curiosity discover and solve new problems.
- Passionate about understanding customer experience and working to improve it.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, frequently changing and evolving environment.
- Desire to work alongside product and operations teams to create new features and processes.
- Knowledge of Python, Django, and Django Rest Framework
- Understanding of Docker, Kubernetes, and CI/CD processes
- Comfortable working on the command line.
- Experience with data engineering, analysis, and visualization
- Be a core member of small, focused engineering team building new technologies
- Help make critical decisions that will drive success
- Health, Dental, Vision Benefits: covering employee premiums 100%; spouse/family 50%
- Stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- 401(k) program
- Located in beautiful Boulder, Colorado