Backend Software Engineer (Fullstack a plus) at SALT
About the Company
SALT is the pioneer of crypto-backed lending and offers crypto-focused financial services for individuals and businesses. Our mission is to build products that increase access to financial opportunities and give people more control over their ability to generate wealth long term. Committed to fostering adoption of blockchain technology, we’re working to bridge cryptocurrency with traditional finance. With an emphasis on security and customer service, we provide the technology, infrastructure, and tools that make it easy for crypto holders, businesses, banks, and governments across the globe to participate in the blockchain economy. SALT operates a blockchain-based platform that facilitates the issuance of consumer and commercial asset-backed loans secured with cryptocurrency and provides asset management services. The platform is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Salt Blockchain Inc. SALT is a remote first organization with a dynamic workforce. For more information, please visit saltlending.com. We are passionate about what we do and seek others that are excited to be in this cutting-edge space!
About the Position
The Software Engineering team at SALT has an opportunity for a Backend Software Engineer, working with and on key areas of the system, such as blockchain monitoring, risk mitigation, transaction processing, loan management, and other ad hoc reports as required by management. The Software Engineer will primarily be responsible for writing and maintaining code in our backend services that directly interface with cryptocurrency blockchains. This position requires a motivated self-learner who is willing to learn from our team while also taking the initiative to expand the team’s knowledge base of cryptocurrency technologies and business opportunities. If you are a Fullstack Software Engineer, then that’s a plus!
This position will work remotely from anywhere in the U.S.
What you’ll be doing:
- Write web services to support and maintain the automation and scaling of our business using Node with TypeScript, Rust, and Haskell
- Work with PostgreSQL and Redis in a micro-service architecture
- Monitor builds and facilitate deployments in AWS
- Collaborate closely on agile teams of designers, developers, and product managers to build new features and applications
- Write automated tests around your code and leverage type checkers for maximal reliability
- Research and educate the team on new technologies and approaches
- Consistently document development reasoning, processes, and procedures
- Integrate with new APIs, including first and third parties
What we are looking for:
- Familiarity with typed-functional programming languages (Typescript, Rust, Haskell)
- Strong skills working with Node in TypeScript with experience building API’s
- Familiarity with database management systems and solid PSQL or MySQL experience
- Excitement and drive to learn new technologies
- Ability to work and communicate in a remote environment
- Interest in helping to develop less experienced team members
- Respect for quality assurance and the ability to write robust integration and unit tests
- Excellent problem-solving and time-management abilities
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Able to establish and maintain cooperative and positive working relationships
- Organized, detail-oriented, diplomatic, analytical, proactive, self motivated, dependable, and driven by excellence
- Even-tempered and able to balance multiple tasks in accordance with changing deadlines and priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work sensitively and effectively with individuals of diverse backgrounds
What we’d be thrilled with (nice-to-haves):
- Familiarity with typed-functional programming languages - i.e. Typescript, Rust, Haskell
- Familiarity with database management systems, such as PostgreSQL and Redis
- Familiarity with with cloud hosting architectures, especially AWS
- Familiarity with cryptographic primitives like hashing and public-key cryptography
- Basic understanding of Bitcoin and Ethereum: general concepts, scripting, smart contracts
What’s in it for you:
- Work Remotely: no commute/traffic, enjoy more flexibility and improved work/life balance, live where you want anywhere within the U.S. and work where you want - comfort of your home, favorite coffee shop, the beautiful outdoors - you pick!
- Health Insurance & Benefits: medical, dental and vision health insurance with options for the company to pay 100% of the monthly premiums for employees and all their eligible dependents, health care and dependent care flexible spending account options, virtual health options, robust 24/7 employee assistance program, and company-paid short-term and long-term disability insurance.
- Paid Time Off: 12 company paid holidays and unlimited paid time off - work hard / play hard!
- Retirement Savings: 401(k) with company match
- Company Equity: receive grant of company stock options - build and share in our success!
- Perks & Recognition Program: monthly allowance of SALTcoin to spend on gift cards, Visa/Mastercard prepaid cards, donation to charities, use to recognize / gift to others, and more!
- Remote Work Benefits: monthly stipend to use towards home internet, cell phone, and work supplies expenses. A generous payment to use towards your home office set up, in addition to a company-provided tech package - laptop, mouse, keyboard.
- Matching Gifts Program: company match of your charitable contributions - we support the causes important to you.
- Great Culture: partner with an engaged, collaborative team and enjoy our informal culture and fun virtual events.
Works remotely from anywhere in the U.S.
Anticipated hiring salary range up to $135,000 DOE