Backend Software Developer
Trineo delivers custom solutions for global organizations and is a well recognized Heroku and Salesforce partner since 2010. Our work tackles system integration and data brokering, API development and highly specific customer, employee applications.
As an agile team, we present a complete service offering -- with senior advisory, product and project management, UX and engineering (backend and frontend).
We’re known for our ability to ship valuable work into production in complex and challenging environments.
We’re looking for a backend developer to join our Boulder team. You’d be part of a growing global professional services practice in the process of expanding our US footprint. In addition to our Boulder office, Trineo has offices is Christchurch, NZ (our headquarters), Auckland, and Sydney, Australia.
Trineo is and will always be a small team, with 65 team members worldwide, growing slowly and deliberately. We're not looking for gurus, rock stars, or ninjas. We're interested in working with levelheaded people who operate with a sense of confidence, humility, and humor. Our global footprint truly brings to life our belief in celebrating diversity.
We’re looking for candidates with 5+ years experience; however, we have a team with a variety of skills at different levels. Above all else, we’re looking for candidates who will be the best fit for the team and culture.
If you’re a good candidate for this position, here are some characteristics you embody:
- Backend with emphasis on Ruby and Rails (full stack is a strong plus)
- We’d prefer at least 5+ years of SQL (or related) experience
- Experience with the development and consumption of APIs
- Excellent working knowledge of Git
- Experience working with cloud hosting technologies (ie Heroku and AWS)
- Experience with optimizing high performance applications under significant load
- Thrive when working within an Agile team
- Experience working with a distributed team
Our typical stack and methodology:
- Data: Postgres, Redis
- Testing: Rspec, Capybara, Expect, Karma, CI, BrowserStack
- Infrastructure: a strong understanding of cloud platforms: Heroku, AWS componentry and a decent handle on Unix
We also adhere to Scrum-based agile delivery, continuous integration, test driven development and we use Git.
This expertise would be nice to have:
- Service Oriented and Monolithic Architecture
- Identity Management (Authentication and Authorization)
- Understanding and interest security best practices
- Culinary prowess
We have a comprehensive benefits package which includes generous medical, dental, and vision insurance, a free EcoPass, a Simple IRA option, generous PTO, flexibility, bi-weekly in-house massage, and the opportunity to travel to global Trineo offices. And we have a great location on West Pearl in downtown Boulder.