Backend SDK Developer at Stream
We are looking for a Backend SDK Engineer to join our Engineering Team. This is a full-time position in either our Boulder or Amsterdam office. Remote is also an option.
What You Will Do
Job duties include building and maintaining Stream’s server-side Feed SDKs in all major languages. Your work will be used by thousands of developers and consumed by millions of their users.
As one of Stream’s SDK developers, you strive to simplify how applications are built. Most of your day will be dedicated to software design, research, and coding. You will be expected to write documentation for the libraries created and maintained, and interact with customers through GitHub by responding to issues and reviewing pull requests.
- Server-side SDK development, enhancement, and maintenance in major languages
- Interaction and support with developers consuming server-side SDKs via GitHub and other methods
- Communicating with the API and product teams to ensure all features are accessible via SDKs
- Documenting and implementing new features
Who You Are
You are detail-oriented, mindful of deadlines and you have a high sense of responsibility.
At Stream, we strive to provide the best possible product and service to our clients, and we expect the same from you! As a member of the team, you must be excited to grow with Stream. At our core, we are a startup - you should be able to act quickly, thrive in uncertainty, and love pivoting to new technologies.
- 3+ years of professional experience as a software developer
- Experience with at least two of these languages: .NET, Java, Ruby, Python, PHP, Swift
- Computer Science fundamentals
- A deep understanding of design and interaction with REST APIs
- Worked with TDD and CI
- Experience building libraries or tools that are used by developers
- Experience interacting with other developers on GitHub (opening issues, open-source contributions, or maintenance)
- Hands-on experience with GraphQL
- Startup experience and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Who We Are
Stream has a casual, social, and playful culture. We are talented, highly technical, and collaborative which makes Stream a great place to learn and improve your skills. Our team is forward-thinking and diverse and we all have different backgrounds which lend to our creativity and innovation. With offices in Boulder and Amsterdam, our employees represent 15 countries, 11 languages, and counting.
Our team is passionate about tackling difficult tech problems at scale by creating reusable components that allow product owners to ship apps faster, more securely, and with a better user experience. Our culture is oriented towards ownership and quality; Our goal is to produce deliverable software.
What’s In It For You (US Only)
- 3+ weeks of paid time off plus 10 paid holidays ✈️
- 401k contribution plan
- Free health insurance for the employee and a discounted rate for dependents
- 100% paid parental leave 👶
- Company equity
- Dog friendly office! 🐶
- Be part of a smart, high performing, passionate team
- A Macbook Pro and a work-from-home stipend
- Team lunches and plenty of snacks (onsite only) 🌯
- An office on Pearl Street in downtown Boulder
- The possibility to visit our office in Amsterdam 🇳🇱
Salary (for US only): The compensation range for this position starts at $100,000/year and may increase based on qualifications and experience.