Backend Engineer at TrueCoach
At TrueCoach, we believe fitness coaching should not be limited to those who can afford in-person guidance – and should not be constrained by the limitations of time and location.
Our mission is to improve the lives of fitness coaches and their clients. We are building tools that enable coaches to save time, grow their business, and deliver a better experience for their clients.
TrueCoach is looking for a backend developer to join our team. You'll be responsible for working directly with the founders, our designers, and the top trainers and coaches in the industry to build the TrueCoach platform, currently built on EmberJS, Ruby on Rails, and Postgres.
As an early stage employee, you'll get the chance to own and build out multiple areas of the product, and be a driving force behind our evolution as a company. We have a solid foundation, with revenue and happy customers that love us, but we're just getting started.
Our stack and methodology:
- Database: Postgres, Redis
- Testing: Rspec, QUnit, CircleCI, BrowserStack
- Infrastructure: Heroku, AWS
We also follow agile based development, continuous integration, and we use Git.
- Strong alignment with our engineering culture
- Proven track record building high quality web applications, preferably SaaS products
- Fluency with Ruby and familiarity with Rails or similar MVC frameworks
- Proficiency with SQL and relational database design
- Strong understanding of fundamental technologies of the web and browser
- Strong desire to learn new things and high GASI(Give-a-shit index)
- Hard working, open to constructive feedback, and ready to do the best work of your career
- US citizen or authorized to work in the US
- Passionate about health and fitness
- Strong dev ops and application deployment skills
- Competitive pay
- 100% health coverage for you and your dependents (Anthem PPO)
- A monthly health + wellness stipend
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- 10% investment time
- Quarterly team outings
- Office snacks
- Whatever computer equipment you need to get your job done
- Flexible paid time off
- Flexible powder day policy - this IS part of why we live in Colorado, right?
- Flexible work from home policy
- Relocation assistance