Backend Engineer (Node.js/Typescript) at Gridics
About Gridics: Gridics is building a world-class engineering team in Denver. Software engineers at Gridics solve complex challenges surrounding real estate analysis, visualization and prediction at scale. Leading municipal planning and zoning teams deploy Gridics to better serve their community members, while real estate brokers, investors and thought leaders leverage Gridics to aid in site selection and scenario planning. Our data and applications help our customers simplify and expedite their processes to make smarter, data-driven decisions.
About the Role: The Node.js Engineer will be responsible for designing, developing and deploying backend services and data streams that support our user facing applications. This early position will be an instrumental player in shaping the future technical foundation of the Gridics' platform. The position will be involved in multiple projects and concurrent work streams, while also requiring coordination with geographically distributed Agile teams.
Ideal Candidate: The position requires a highly motivated individual with experience building high-throughput software on AWS or GCP. The ideal candidate will have at least some architect experience and the ability to contribute to the design data streams and backend service architectures. The ideal candidate is comfortable working with limited direction and is willing to fill gaps and contribute in a variety of areas along the way. Delivering improvements to our software is consistent increments, while forging a path towards the greater technical vision is critical for this role.
- Design, build, and own both new and existing backend services and infrastructure.
- Create code that is understandable, testable, and shared across teams.
- Lead engineering efforts with your team and stakeholders.
- Deliver on time and be accountable to your team and stakeholders.
- Have 3+ years of experience writing production code.
- Have architected complex systems for long-term maintainability, performance, and reliability.
- Proficiency in Node.js and TypeScript.
- Proficiency in MySQL and/or Postgres.
- Have a penchant for testing, automation and reliability.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science and Engineering (or related discipline)
- Experience with GIS/geospatial programming.
- Experience with horizontally-scalable computer platforms and architectures.
- Experience with GPU-based processing frameworks.
- Battle-hardened AWS/GCP production experience.
Gridics is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment with attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.