Greater Boulder Area
We are looking for a driven and analytical Backend developer who wants a key role in a fast growing company whose products and technology are transforming industries. Your work will drive the control and collaboration of robotic fleets and their interactions with their human counterparts. You’ll have a significant influence on the company's technical direction and help build applications that will be used by of thousands of customers.
- Together with a dedicated team of highly skilled developers, architect and develop a myriad of secure services and applications that direct our robots.
- Work with a large arsenal of open source and cutting-edge technologies such as Elixir, Node.js, React, Postgres, Vagrant, Docker, and Redis.
- Participate in all phases of the development life cycle, focusing on coding, testing, and debugging.
- Develop, document and maintain APIs. Advise and train customers on how best to utilize them.
- Work on the maintenance or enhancement of existing data structures.
- Monitor and report both internal and external KPI’s.
- Research, evaluate and analyze technical and design requirements.
- Troubleshoot and fix bugs/flaws within our web applications and ensure our services are running optimally.
- Incorporate standards-based development processes for website and web/mobile applications.
- Assist with website strategy and planning.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 3-5 years of experience in fullstack web development.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science or equivalent.
- Proficiency with Elixir at best or Ruby at least.
- Experience with automation tools like Ansible, Chef, Puppet.
- Experience with high availability solutions (load balancing, HAProxy, etc.)
- Familiar with Amazon Web Services and deploying a cluster of machines running services with Docker on AWS desirable
- Testing experience with Mocha, Karma, etc
- Experience writing SQL and accessing, writing, and maintaining databases
Why work for Canvas?
We are a robotics company changing the way materials are moved. We have a driving passion for creating ground-breaking products and a desire to have big impact. Our environment is exciting, challenging, collaborative, and fun...and we’re building game-changing products. You’ll work with a tight-knit and creative team on state-of-the art solutions to real problems.
Our office is located in Boulder CO, in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains. Many of us commute by bike and you’ll be a short distance from some of the best hiking, climbing and skiing in the U.S. Boulder offers a unique mix of outdoors, fine dining, microbrewing and much more. Plus, it’s just a happy place.
We’re looking for motivated and passionate individuals who love to build things and solve problems. If this is you, please send us your resume and include a clear and concise cover letter to help us understand more about you, including why you are interested in Canvas, why you are leaving or have left your current position, and anything else that will give us a better sense of who you are and what you are looking for.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, or other protected class.
Read Full Job Description