Azure Cloud Engineer at Alteryx
We’re looking for problem solvers, innovators, and dreamers who are searching for anything but business as usual. Like us, you’re a high performer who’s an expert at your craft, constantly challenging the status quo. You value inclusivity and want to join a culture that empowers you to show up as your authentic self. You know that success hinges on commitment, that our differences make us stronger, and that the finish line is always sweeter when the whole team crosses together.
Alteryx is searching for an Azure Cloud Engineer based in our Broomfield, CO office. This position is remote-friendly.
An Azure Cloud Engineer is responsible for the administration, monitoring and management of systems in multiple cloud environments, but focuses on Azure. The Azure Cloud Engineer must ensure our cloud infrastructure is secure, robust, scalable, and reliable to support applications and services for all customers.
- Zealously promotes our 'Customer Centric' approach: 'working to be a part of our customer’s solutions.
- Develop, operate and maintain core automation, tools, governance, security, networking, reporting tasks and cloud infrastructure.
- Identify and raise technical, business and operational risks and opportunities for increased automation.
- Build and execute standard infrastructure items in service catalog.
- Troubleshooting, performance analysis and remediation to improve cloud stability, performance and security.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and growth mindset, enthusiastic about learning new technologies quickly and applying the gained knowledge to address business problems.
- Demonstrate collaborative, team-focused approach (succeeding and failing as a team)
- Empower fellow IT staff through training, documentation and mentorship.
- Support 24x7 operations environment (ability to support Some off-hours, weekends, and holidays as needed).
- Participation in on call rotation
- The ability to balance and prioritize multiple projects and remain calm under pressure.
- In-depth knowledge of security and IAM / Role Based Access Controls in Azure, management of Azure Application/Network Security Groups, Azure Policy, and Azure Management Groups and Subscriptions.
- Proficient in Azure services such as Azure Virtual Network, Azure Virtual WAN, Azure Monitor, Azure AD, Virtual Machine, and Virtual Machine Scale Sets.
- Having a foundational understanding of Azure PaaS services and Cloud design patterns.
- Experience with AWS and GCP compute, storage and networking
- Experience supporting cloud development pipelines using Git, CI/CD tooling, Terraform and other Infrastructure as Code tooling as appropriate
- Configuration Management (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Ansible, etc...)
- General automation including Azure and AWS CLI, or Python, PowerShell and Bash scripting
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery models
- Monitoring, alerting and logging tools, and build/release processes
- Understanding of computing technologies across Windows and Linux
- Understanding of protocols/technologies like HTTP, SSL, LDAP
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team on multiple concurrent projects.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Prior experience working with developers, DBA’s, and/or Network Engineers to resolve bugs and performance problems
- A strong desire to work with new and upcoming technologies
- Demonstrated Customer Service & Troubleshooting skills
Alteryx is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The salary range for this role in Broomfield, CO is $90-135k. This position is also remote-friendly and, as such, compensation will ultimately be in line with the location in which the position is filled. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate’s relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location.
- This role is eligible for variable compensation including bonus and stock grants.
Find yourself checking a lot of these boxes but doubting whether you should apply? At Alteryx, we support a growth mindset for our associates through all stages of their careers. If you meet some of the requirements and you share our values, we encourage you to apply. As part of our ongoing commitment to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace, we’re invested in building teams with a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, and experiences.
Benefits & Perks:
Alteryx has amazing benefits for all Associates which can be viewed here.