AWS Java Developer
Reports to: Director of Software Engineering
Location: Denver, CO
Help shape the future of how people experience the digital world. You’ll be at the forefront of an exciting shift in how companies use mobile data to attract, authenticate and engage their customers. And you’ll be doing it all from our Denver Tech Center office stocked with plenty of snacks.
We’re actively looking to add exceptional people to our team who align with how we envision ourselves culturally and professionally. As a lens to how outsiders see Payfone, you will represent a team of people who love what they do and who they work with.
As an AWS Developer you will help with the move of existing software to the AWS cloud, while maintaining a platform that drives the infrastructure powering the next generation of digital identity authentication.
Learning from senior developers through mentoring and experience, while also leveraging your existing knowledge and passion for excellence, you will help to deliver well-thought-out software solutions as part of a fault-tolerant, scaleable platform utilizing a variety of cutting edge technologies.
This is a hands-on role where you will need to demonstrate the skills, confidence, and willingness to learn from senior engineering and product management team members to deliver solutions that will delight our customers.
As a member of the development team, the AWS Java Developer is expected to:
- Work to develop applications for dealing with high-volume, low-latency requests in a mission-critical system, delivering high-availability and performance using provided designs.
- Design and develop dynamically scalable, highly available, highly reliable and fault-tolerant applications on AWS
- Migrate existing complex on-premises applications to the AWS platform
- Assist the project manager in preparing estimates and justification for assigned tasks
- Participate in software development processes with quality assurance, version control and build processes
- Develop automated unit tests to ensure compliance with specifications and enable automated assurance of future changes.
- Prepare and produce releases of software components.
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review.
- Exercise creative thinking and imagination to advance our business performance.
- Deliver innovative, flexible, integrated solutions to meet the customer’s changing business needs.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 3 years of hands-on Software Development experience.
- At least 2 years of experience in two or more of the following: Java, Amazon ECS, Dynamo DB, SQS, Kinesis, RDS, or Aurora.
- 1-2 years' experience working at a tech startup is preferred.
- Hands on experience in designing and developing applications using the Java platform.
- Object oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
- Microservice Architectures.
- Insight of Java internals (Threading, Transaction management, Introspection, etc.).
- Experience with Spring Cloud.
A compensation package composed of a base salary and equity component will be structured to attract a uniquely qualified candidate. Excellent health benefits are included.
In today’s business world, a few bad actors can force businesses to treat all customers with suspicion. This leads to client and employee frustration, higher operating costs and lower revenue.
Payfone delivers seamless, non-intrusive verification using each mobile phone’s inherent identity to provide top-tier protection for businesses and their customers.
Remove friction and drive user engagement with Payfone Instant Trust. It’s the best way to enhance the customer experience while lowering risk, friction and fraud.
This position description should not be considered the final description of the position. It should be assumed that we would, to some extent, structure responsibilities in accordance with the successful candidate’s capabilities and changing business conditions.
Payfone is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people regardless of race, color, religion, gender or sexual orientation, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, veteran status or other personal characteristics.
No employment sponsorship will be provided.