AWS DevOps Engineer
Reports to: Director of Software Engineering
Location: Denver, CO
Help shape the future of how people experience the digital world. You’ll be at the forefront of an exciting shift in how companies use mobile data to attract, authenticate and engage their customers. And you’ll be doing it all from our Denver Tech Center office stocked with plenty of snacks.
We’re actively looking to add exceptional people to our team who align with how we envision ourselves culturally and professionally. As a lens to how outsiders see Payfone, you will represent a team of people who love what they do and who they work with.
As an AWS DevOps Engineer you will help with the move of existing software to the AWS cloud, while maintaining a platform that drives the infrastructure powering the next generation of digital identity authentication. Opportunities to work with and learn from senior personnel on the current system while leveraging your knowledge to aid in the migration of our flagship product to the AWS Cloud environment. You will help to deliver well-thought-out software solutions as part of a fault-tolerant, scaleable platform utilizing a variety of cutting edge technologies. This is a hands-on role where you will need to demonstrate the skills, confidence, and willingness to learn from senior engineering and product management team members while adding your own abilities to deliver solutions that will delight our customers.
As a member of the development team, the AWS DevOps Engineer is expected to:
- Work to integrate, automate and support the organization’s AWS configuration management system
- Maintain a strict adherence to policies and procedures related to Configuration Management
- Design and develop dynamically scalable, highly available, highly reliable and fault-tolerant environments on AWS
- Migrate existing complex on-premises applications to the AWS platform
- Assist the project manager in preparing estimates and justification for assigned tasks
- Work with developers and operations to build a cohesive, responsive, and highly manageable AWS environment.
- Automate deployment of standard environments to support rapid expansion of the business to new regions.
- Recommends alternative processes and solutions
- Support maintenance releases, go-lives and troubleshooting calls.
- Assists in diagnosing and solving production issues in Linux environment
- Deliver innovative, flexible, integrated solutions to meet the customer’s changing business needs.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Experience working with Linux operating systems
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with the AWS environment
- At least of 2 years of experience with microservice deployment via ALB, ECR and ECS.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience building and configuring VPCs for development environments.
- Experience with performing support and administrative tasks within Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Proficient in scripting and one or more programming languages (Python, PowerShell, Bash)
- Experience with build & deploy tools (Git, BitBucket, Bamboo)
- Experience with Infrastructure provisioning tools such as Puppet and CloudFormation
- Proficient in monitoring and logging tools such as Splunk, and ELK Stack
- Experience deploying and coding micro services
- Experience with performance management (Auto Scaling)
A compensation package composed of a base salary and equity component will be structured to attract a uniquely qualified candidate. Excellent health benefits are included.
In today’s business world, a few bad actors can force businesses to treat all customers with suspicion. This leads to client and employee frustration, higher operating costs and lower revenue.
Payfone delivers seamless, non-intrusive verification using each mobile phone’s inherent identity to provide top-tier protection for businesses and their customers.
Remove friction and drive user engagement with Payfone Instant Trust. It’s the best way to enhance the customer experience while lowering risk, friction and fraud.
This position description should not be considered the final description of the position. It should be assumed that we would, to some extent, structure responsibilities in accordance with the successful candidate’s capabilities and changing business conditions.
Payfone is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people regardless of race, color, religion, gender or sexual orientation, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, veteran status or other personal characteristics.
No employment sponsorship will be provided.