About Boom Supersonic
Boom Supersonic is the Denver-based company redefining commercial flight by bringing supersonic flight back to the skies with Overture. This historic airliner is designed and committed to industry-leading standards of speed, safety, and sustainability. Boom’s vision is to bring families, businesses, and cultures closer together through supersonic travel and make the world dramatically more accessible.
Boom is the first commercial airplane manufacturer to commit to a carbon-neutral flight test program and to build sustainability into its entire aircraft program. The company is backed by world-class investors and has 30 aircraft on pre-order. Founded in 2014, Boom has assembled a team of over 150 full-time employees who have made contributions to over 220 air and spacecraft programs.
Are you passionate about building the supersonic future? Help us make aviation history.
The primary responsibilities will include development, integration, and testing of the flight software for XB-1, the first independently developed supersonic jet and history's fastest civil aircraft. Specific tasks will include flight critical software development, telemetry integration, flight simulator software development, and software and hardware in the loop testing.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 5+ years industry experience
- Exposure to a wide variety of software development standards
- Significant experience in C++
- Experience with unit testing frameworks such as Google Test, Catch2, or similar
- Experience with real time operating systems and process scheduling
- Experience with concepts such as process management, signals, sockets, etc.
- Experience developing embedded software
- Experience with socket programming and network communication including an understanding of the physical, data, network, and transport layers
- Experience with the creation and execution of system test plans
- Experience developing automated test suites
- Excellent communication skills — able to partner internally and research and interact with potential suppliers
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience with both hardware and software development strongly desired
- Experience interfacing with I/O hardware including analog, discrete, and serial data
- Experience with Matlab and Simulink
- Experience with DO-178 software development
- Experience with manned experimental aircraft flight testing
- Experience developing and refining system level requirements from formal and informal sources
- Working knowledge of sensors and flight test instrumentation, analog and digital I/O, and data synchronization
- Experience integrating COTS components including navigation, air data, and communication equipment into airframes
- Experience with homebuilt aircraft and experimental aviation a plus
Degrees and Certifications:
- An undergraduate degree in Aerospace, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering, or Computer Science is required
- Pilot's license and/or Aircraft Mechanic (A&P) license is a strong plus
Up to a 6 month contract
$80-110 an hour
Needs to be close to Centennial, CO to come into the office a couple of days a week
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (ITAR and EAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here (https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/?id=ddtc_public_portal_itar_landing)
Boom is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Want to build a faster future? Come join Boom.
Read Full Job Description