Outrider, the pioneer in autonomous yard operations for logistics hubs, helps large enterprises improve safety, increase efficiency, and optimize their workforce. The only company exclusively focused on automating all aspects of yard operations, Outrider eliminates manual tasks that are hazardous and repetitive. Outrider’s mission is to drive the rapid adoption of sustainable freight transportation by deploying zero-emission systems. Outrider is a private company backed by NEA, 8VC, and other top-tier investors.
In this role, you'll use practical, hands-on engineering approaches to -- simply put -- make things work. You love getting your hands on hardware-based systems, either in the lab or in the field, to figure out what's wrong, diagnose the situation, troubleshoot and experiment with solutions, and come up with fixes.
The System Integration Engineer will report to the System Integration and Test Lead and will be responsible for ensuring product functions are successfully achieved by the integrated subsystems as they interact in the context of the full vehicle; use-case and regression test procedure creation and execution; and bug identification, logging, and resolution.
The successful candidate will be up for a challenge to work with a broad set of engineering teams, own and lead projects, greatly impact a rapidly growing integration and test team and integrate and validate autonomous vehicle systems that redefine large enterprise supply chains and boast safe, error-free, and effective operational performance.
This position is mission-critical for delivering a safe, effective, first-of-its-kind industrial technology, and will build the foundation for the company’s overall system test procedures and organization. The successful candidate will integrate and validate autonomous vehicle systems that redefine large enterprise supply chains and boast safe, error-free, and effective operational performance.
Duties and responsibilities
- Support new software and hardware integration into prototype vehicles by defining and carrying out functional verification of new hardware or features
- Develop and execute integration and test plans and procedures, and document and report results to internal and external customers
- Utilize and ingest field data to improve design and performance
- Ensure system is characterized across a host of environments
- Work with the cross-discipline development and design engineers throughout the engineering organization to ensure the relevant subsystems are designed with appropriate requirements, interfaces and interactions to achieve specific vehicle functions.
- Help develop hardware and software functional and performance requirements documents with system and subsystem stakeholders, with a focus on testability
- Review bug reports, track bugs to a subsystem, identify corner cases, and work with cross-discipline teams to propose fixes
- Support various teams through development of test plans and procedures against system requirements, and development of test harnesses and fixtures
- Understand and help prioritize test exceptions and help drive toward a product that meets all customer, business, and technical expectations
- Debug hardware and software interfaces/interactions during design, pilot, and field deployment
- Provide sub-system and system-level support for internal and external teams, as needed
- Commit to travel and perform field work, depending on customer locations (up to 25%)
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, electrical/electronics or mechatronics engineering, or equivalent
- Familiarity with C/C++, ROS, and Python
- Comfort with Linux and command line
- Strong electrical and embedded systems fundamentals
- Test, debug, and system engineering mindset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Demonstrated strong leadership and people skills
- Sterling references
- Experience with robotics software engineering, autonomous vehicle systems, computer vision, machine learning, and/or planning and controls
- Master’s degree in computer science, robotics, electrical/electronics engineering, or computer engineering
- Experience with CAN bus standard and/or UDP
- Safety-critical systems experience
Read Full Job Description