Autonomous Vehicle Motion Planning Engineer
Outrider, the pioneer in autonomous yard operations for logistics hubs, helps large enterprises improve safety, increase efficiency, and optimize their workforce. The only company exclusively focused on automating all aspects of yard operations, Outrider eliminates manual tasks that are hazardous and repetitive. Outrider’s mission is to drive the rapid adoption of sustainable freight transportation by deploying zero-emission systems. Outrider is a private company backed by NEA, 8VC, and other top-tier investors.
We’re searching for a talented, autonomous vehicle software engineer who has developed and implemented planning software more or less from scratch for safety-critical ground robotics applications.
The Autonomous Vehicle Planning Engineer will report to the Vice President of Software Engineering.
Duties and responsibilities
- Design, implement, and test motion planning subsystems for autonomous ground-based vehicles.
- Qualify motion planning performance using objective measures.
- Understand and keep up-to-date with state of the art.
- Identify opportunities for increasing performance and reducing hardware cost.
- Masters or PhD, or Bachelors degree with commensurate experience in a related field
- Ability to read/write/debug C++
- Familiarity with Linux development and target environments
- Prior experience developing motion planning systems that have been used in a production ground-vehicle system, or an advanced research prototype (end-to-end, full lifecycle development preferred)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Demonstrated strong leadership and people skills
- Sterling references
- Ability to read/write/debug Python
- Prior use of Git for software version control
- FOSS libraries/frameworks such as OpenCV, the Point Cloud Library (PCL), and similar packages