Autonomous Vehicle Motion Planning Engineer at Outrider
Azevtec (Autonomous, Zero-Emission Vehicle Technologies) is automating 'first-mile' trucking. We simplify how large enterprises ship goods—our robotic systems automate repetitive vehicle movement and manual tasks in the world’s busiest freight-shipping hubs to enhance operational performance, reduce costs, and improve safety.
Azevtec is a rapidly growing, Series-A company founded to drive the adoption of sustainable transportation and deploy autonomous vehicles responsibly.
We’re searching for a talented, autonomous vehicle software engineer who has developed and implemented planning software more or less from scratch for safety-critical ground robotics applications.
The Autonomous Vehicle Planning Engineer will report to the Vice President of Software Engineering.
Duties and responsibilities
- Design, implement, and test motion planning subsystems for autonomous ground-based vehicles
- Qualify motion planning performance using objective measures
- Understand and keep up-to-date with state of the art
- Identify opportunities for increasing performance and reducing hardware cost
- Masters or PhD, or Bachelors degree with commensurate experience in a related field
- Ability to read/write/debug C++
- Familiarity with Linux development and target environments
- Prior experience developing motion planning systems that have been used in a production ground-vehicle system, or an advanced research prototype (end-to-end, full lifecycle development preferred)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Demonstrated strong leadership and people skills
- Sterling references
- Ability to read/write/debug Python
- Prior use of Git for software version control
- FOSS libraries/frameworks such as OpenCV, the Point Cloud Library (PCL), and similar packages