Autonomous Vehicle CI/CD Software and Test Engineer at Outrider
Azevtec (Autonomous, Zero-Emission Vehicle Technologies) is automating 'first-mile' trucking. We simplify how large enterprises ship goods—our robotic systems automate repetitive vehicle movement and manual tasks in the world’s busiest freight-shipping hubs to enhance operational performance, reduce costs, and improve safety.
Azevtec is a rapidly growing, Series-A company founded to drive the adoption of sustainable transportation and deploy autonomous vehicles responsibly.
The CI/CD Software and Test Engineer will report to the Director of Test Engineering and will be responsible for establishing and building out a Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery pipeline; use-case and regression test procedure creation and execution; and bug identification, logging and resolution.
This position is mission-critical for delivering a safe, effective, first-of-its-kind industrial technology, and will build the foundation for the company’s CI/CD pipeline and its integration with the entire engineering suite. The successful candidate will be up for a challenge to build infrastructure from the ground up, own and lead projects, greatly effect a rapidly growing engineering team, and test and validate autonomous vehicle systems that redefine large enterprise supply chains.
Duties and responsibilities
- Gain consensus with multiple teams on best approach for CI/CD for our technology, team, company strategy, and market
- Develop system reporting infrastructure to provide clear and concise information to the team about build status, test status, and builds on vehicles
- Partner with test and development teams to increase unit and regression test coverage and establish common measurements for coverage
- Establish a flexible and nimble system, including build schedule and associated test automation, that can change as the company grows
- Generate, organize, manage, and conduct system verification tests and test procedures to validate compliance with specifications before releasing vehicles and software deliveries to customers
- Define and lead the development of software test harnesses
- Contribute to the development of analysis tools using Python and other software packages
- Contribute to the company’s modeling, simulation, test automation, and evaluation capabilities
- Develop, execute, and document test plans and procedures against system requirements and report results to both internal and external customers
- Work with the team to understand and prioritize test exceptions and help drive toward a product that meets all customer, business, and technical expectations
- Commit to travel and perform field work, depending on initial customer locations (up to 25%)
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science and/or electrical/electronics engineering
- Experience building a CI/CD pipeline from the ground up
- C/C++ development experience
- Familiarity with ROS and Python
- Comfort with Linux and command line
- Test, debug, and system engineering mindset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Strong leadership and people skills
- Experience with robotics software engineering, autonomous vehicle systems, computer vision, machine learning, and/or planning and controls
- Background as a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
- Master’s degree in computer science, robotics, electrical/electronics engineering, or computer engineering