Automation Test Engineer at OrthoFi
Do you have a passion for web-based software? Do you have experience executing test plans, and participating in the testing efforts of software applications? Are you obsessed with quality software? If all of this sounds like you, please read on!
We are looking for an Automation Test Engineer with strong interests in the planning, strategizing and execution of test activities. The ideal candidate will thrive in a work environment that requires strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication. This individual excels at providing both highly analytical and creative ideas and brings an attention to detail capable of identifying things easily missed by others. The candidate will also have experience in a fast-paced and innovative development environment.
- Review functional and design requirements to ensure full understanding of new feature development.
- Work closely with Product Owners, Developers, and business SMEs to effectively assure delivery of quality projects
- Ensure testing efforts align with meeting the overall departmental and company goals and objectives
- Work with QA Chapter to develop, execute and maintain test plans, test scenarios, and test scripts
- Manage, update, and execute regression and smoke tests for each release cycle
- Identify, replicate, and report bugs and verify bug fixes.
- Perform escalation path issue investigation and leverage product knowledge to provide system support to business stakeholders
- Assist in training as needed
- Engage end users as needed
- Document instructional materials as needed
- Execute SQL database analysis and testing when appropriate
- Perform API testing when applicable
- Bachelor's degree in business, computer science, or an engineering discipline preferred
- 4+ years testing experience of web-based applications required. Experience with mobile and desktop applications preferred
- Strong customer and business focus, keeping the end user in mind through all testing phases
- Strong communication skills
- A passion for ensuring quality software
- Strong testing skills. Able to analyze testing needs to develop test strategies, design test plans, and test cases effectively and independently
- Hands-on experience in test case creation and execution using automated frameworks (Selenium, Protractor), as well as load/performance testing (JMeter)
- Experience using defect tracking and test management software preferred (JIRA, Pivotal Tracker)
- Working knowledge of databases/SQL
- Experience using API test tools
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and an aptness to move between manual and automated testing with minimal supervision
What's in it for you...
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits with 100% employer paid options
- 401(k) match
- Supportive culture with one-of-a-kind growth and development opportunities
- Option to work from home or in the office
- Employer HSA contribution
- Paid Parental Leave
- Company and team outings
- Peer-to-peer recognition program
- Casual dress atmosphere
- Company sponsored premium subscription to the Calm app
- Vendor discounts
Compensation range: $75,000-$85,000/annually
Work Authorization: You must be authorized to work for any employer in the US.
Who We Are
OrthoFi is an innovative, tech-enabled solution that helps Orthodontists start more patients and give them more time to provide great quality care. With the recent acquisition of OrthoBanc, OrthoFi is now the US orthodontic industry leader in practice financial management, working with over 2,000 practices in the US. Collectively with OrthoBanc, OrthoFi has helped over 3.2 million patients access quality, affordable Orthodontic care. Our combination of cutting-edge Patient Acquisition software and robust Revenue Cycle Management solutions helps practices grow by over 13% YOY and manages patient and insurance billing and collections with exceptional collection results that exceed industry standards. The company has about 300 employees, with offices in Denver CO and Chattanooga TN.
In the OrthoFi community, members are valued for who they are, supported no matter where they are, and motivated to excel personally and professionally. People who join our community are self-starters and love a challenge! We're looking for passion-driven, dynamic individuals that are excited about a fast-paced and fun environment. Our team enjoys the opportunity to impact people's lives and help to create more smiles every day.
We pride ourselves in our culture as a people-first organization, demonstrated through recent achievements of being ranked in Built in Colorado's list of Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado. We were also recognized by the Denver Business Journal as one of Denver's fastest growing companies and ranked on the Inc 5000 list of fastest growing private companies in the US multiple years in a row!