Automation Engineer at SpotX (now part of Magnite)
Magnite (NASDAQ: MGNI) is the world’s largest independent sell-side advertising platform. Publishers use our technology to monetize their content across all screens and formats including CTV, online video, display, and audio. The world's leading agencies and brands trust our platform to access brand-safe, high-quality ad inventory and execute billions of advertising transactions each month. In April 2021 we acquired SpotX to further enhance our CTV business and better help our clients in this rapidly growing market. Anchored in sunny Los Angeles, bustling New York City, mile high Denver, historic London, and down under in Sydney, Magnite has offices across North America, EMEA, LATAM, and APAC.
The Automation Engineer role at Magnite is responsible for building automation frameworks for our delivery teams, maintaining test data for our automation efforts, containerizing our environments via docker, implementing CICD pipelines in Jenkins, supporting and training our delivery teams to increase their automated test coverage, adding visibility to our code quality and coverage, and implementing monitoring and alerting for our test environments.
What you will be doing:
- Build automation frameworks for web applications, web services, and backend systems
- Utilize relevant open source testing tools
- Building and maintaining automation frameworks
- Mentoring delivery teams in using, maintaining, and adding additional test coverage to automation frameworks
- Build and maintain Jenkins pipelines to get us to a true CICD environment
- Increase automation stability by containerizing test environments using docker
- Add visibility to code quality, coverage, and security via sonarqube
- Implement monitoring and alerting of test environments in Grafana
- Passion for an automation career and making software better!
- A willingness to help mentor and train other engineers
- Hands-on programming experience with one or more of the following, Java, Python, Bash, Scala or another language
- Automation career focused
- 3 plus years experience in an automation-focused role
- Experience in building Automation frameworks (JUnit, TestNG, Pytest, etc)
- Knowledge of databases (MySQL, Cassandra, etc)
- Comfortable at a shell prompt (Unix/linux experience)
- Understanding of source control (Subversion, Git, Gerrit, etc)
- Understanding of modern DevOps concepts
- Knowledge of CICD practices
- Experience with CI tools, like Jenkins, as automation server for building, deploying, and testing
- Experience with Sonarqube and Grafana as scanning and monitoring tools preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- The base compensation range for this role, depending on level I, II or III: $70,000 to $110,000. Total compensation for this role also includes a variable component in addition to base compensation.
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- Perks/Benefits: Equity and Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Pension and Retirement Savings Plan in Several Countries, Comprehensive Healthcare Benefits for You and Your Family, Generous Time Off, Holiday Breaks and Summer Fridays, Family-Focused Leave Benefits, and Cell Phone Subsidy
- Invest in You: Performance Management, and Investment in Diversity Initiatives, Bonusly Peer-to-Peer Recognition Program, Turning Recognition into Tangible Perks and Magnite Swag, Community Service Events, Wellness Coach—Meditate and Recharge with an Unlimited User Account for You and a Plus One
- COVID-19 Precautions: remote interview process, virtual onboarding for new hires