Associate Test Engineer - Tactical Solutions SEIT at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers’ missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong execution.
Associate Test Engineer - Tactical Solutions SEIT
This position will report to the Manager of Tactical Solutions Systems and Test Engineering. This position has responsibility for supporting test engineering tasks associated with the development, qualification, and acceptance testing efforts of low observable conformal, phased array antennas, or electro optical systems and sub systems. Our mission is to support the war fighter.
What You’ll Do:
- Perform test engineering tasks throughout the lifecycle of tactical programs or R&D projects.
- Develop, plan, and execute qualification test for low observable conformal and phased array antennas, or electro-optical systems.
- Perform data analyses and develop test reports.
- Interface with systems engineering on requirements flow down.
- Participate in risk management activities to plan, monitor, and control opportunities and threats.
- Support program gates such as the preliminary design review and critical design review.
- Participate in the development and presentation of Test Readiness Reviews (TRR).
- Support the development, test and evaluation of hardware, software, support equipment and systems as required.
- Present ideas to internal/external customers in both informal and formal settings.
- Promote and participate in mentorship activities to increase working knowledge of your program, the company, and yourself.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Experience with Test Engineering execution.
- Ability to coordinate activities of a diverse team, predict and meet schedules, resolve disconnects.
- Excellent communication skills are essential, including the ability to understand the customer’s needs and provide clear communication of proposed solutions to both Ball management and the customer.
- Current security clearance preferred but not required.
- Advanced computer application skills, such as Matlab, C, C++, IDL, STK, DOORS, Python and other analytical tools preferred.
- RF Range testing experience preferred.
- Experience with optical test benches preferred.
- Experience executing RF, tactical or electro-optical system programs from concept development and program kick- off through post-delivery support preferred.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, clean room, outdoors, or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $66,000 - $82,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.