Outrider, the pioneer in autonomous yard operations for logistics hubs, helps large enterprises improve safety and increase efficiency. The only company exclusively focused on automating all aspects of yard operations, Outrider eliminates manual tasks that are hazardous and repetitive. Outrider’s mission is to drive the rapid adoption of sustainable freight transportation by deploying zero-emission systems. Outrider is a private company backed by NEA, 8VC, Koch Disruptive Technologies, and other top-tier investors. For more information, visit www.outrider.ai
Outrider's Cloud Applications team is looking for a passionate entry level developer who wants to do exceptional work building performant cloud applications. You'll be working on a dynamic team of engineers with varying experiences in frontend, backend, and embedded technologies. We build a scalable, reliable and secure SaaS platform for controlling and monitoring fleets of autonomous vehicles. This job represents a unique opportunity at the intersection of sustainable transportation and cutting-edge cloud technology. This position plays an essential role in collaborating with other team members, contributing high-quality, standards based, front end components. It offers a passionate software engineer the chance to help develop a market-defining enterprise product that combines autonomous vehicle technology with a software-as-a-service (SaaS) business model. The ideal candidate will embrace our goal to drive zero-emission, self-driving vehicle adoption, and help us realize our potential to define, build, and lead a new category of robotic automation for the enterprise.
Duties & responsibilities
- Developing React-based components for our SaaS products
- Providing support and maintenance to existing front end implementations
- Active engagement in design discussions centered around user experience
- Participating in agile software development cycles and contributing to code review
- Experience and interest in other parts of the stack is a plus (backend, IoT, cloud infrastructure)
- While this is an accurate reflection of the position, Outrider reserves the right to require additional/different tasks to be performed as needed
- BS in Engineering or equivalent professional experience
- Fluent in React
- Experience integrating with REST APIs and/or GraphQL APIs
- Experience writing effective unit and integration tests. Jest, React Testing Library, Cypress, etc.
- Effective remote communication and collaboration skills
- TypeScript experience
- Backend experience with Node
- Experience working in automotive, robotics, or manufacturing industries a plus
Compensation & benefits
- Salary range of $80,000 - 115,000. For benefits, check this out!
At Outrider, we believe in cultivating an environment where there is diversity of perspectives, experiences, and knowledge with the expectation that we thrive in an inclusive environment. Outrider is committed to a workforce where everyone's opportunities are limitless regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any others that are protected by law.