PopSockets LLC, based in Boulder, Colorado, designs, manufactures and sells innovative lifestyle products. Our flagship product, the PopSockets grip, was invented by philosophy professor David Barnett, with the first grip sold on PopSockets.com in 2014. We’ve since sold more than 200 million grips and expanded our portfolio to include a broad range of empowering, expressive, and fun products. We aim to build an Eternal Positivity Machine—an adaptable global brand that makes an increasing positive impact on the world every year.
An Associate Packaging Engineer at PopSockets will design and develop packaging structures for new products, while always looking for opportunities to improve existing lines in cost, quality, and unboxing experience. The individual will coordinate with the Design & Development and Marketing to ensure we’re properly showcasing our products. Should be self-driven, flexible, and comfortable in a fast-paced environment. This position is located in our headquarters in Boulder, CO.
- Design new packaging systems and components to meet defined needs for brand aesthetics, manufacturing capability, quality, and cost, referencing the provided packaging brief through design, engineering, and commercialization
- Collaborate with the Packaging Graphic Designers to create one coherent packaging solution
- Create dielines for 2D elements and CAD for molded or formed 3D elements
- Produce prototypes for internal reviews and sales meetings
- Support clear communication with overseas team members and manufacturing facilities
- Complete long term packaging improvement projects, including sustaining work on existing packaging
- Create and implement documentation to ensure correct assembly and safe shipment of product in packaging
- Coordinate with vendors for samples
- Provide on-press support when needed
- Stay up to date on packaging design trends and retailer requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Packaging Engineering, Industrial Design, or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience with structural designs, ideally high-volume and in consumer goods, consumer electronics, or accessories
- Proficiency with 3D CAD tools (Solidworks preferred) and Adobe CS
- Proficiency with packaging design software (ArtiosCAD preferred)
- Proficiency with palletization software (CAPE preferred)
- Familiarity with packaging materials and test requirementsEmbraces a hands-on approach in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally up to 15%
- Deep understanding of a standard packaging development life cycle for materials and structures
- Passion for sustainability, post-consumer and post-industrial recycled materials, and recyclable packaging
Salary range: $60,000 - $75,000
PopSockets is dedicated to the practice of equal opportunity employment. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants and employees on the basis of age, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, color, creed, ancestry, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This prohibition includes unlawful harassment based on any of these protected classes. Unlawful harassment includes verbal or physical conduct which has the purpose or effect of interfering with an individual’s work performance, or creating an intimidating, hostile, offensive, unsafe or otherwise non-welcoming work environment. This policy applies to all employees, including managers, supervisors, co-workers; and non-employees such as customers, clients, vendors, consultants, etc.