Associate Manager, Quality Assurance at Checkr
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving understanding of the past. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $2.2B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses artificial intelligence and machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include, Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
The Associate Manager plays a central Operational role in the Quality Assurance (QA) team at Checkr. You will join our growing Operations team with a compliance focus, which ensures the accuracy and efficiency of the background screening process. This entry-level management position requires a candidate with strong communication and interpersonal skills, a desire to coach and develop people, attention to detail and a willingness to dive deep into projects. You will become part of a hard working, scrappy team creating a new standard of quality in the background screening industry.
What You'll Do
Lead. Grow, develop, and engage your direct reports within our growing QA team. Work with the QA Manager and other cross-functional partners to scale the team including efficiency gains, workflow improvement, and process changes. Manage the teams day-to-day business needs, provide feedback and coaching, and conduct performance reviews.
Solve. Identify and surface bugs, patterns and trends that impact QA efficiency and report quality, and collaborate cross-functionally with stakeholders to fix problems at the root cause. Optimize team performance to meet critical KPIs and daily productivity targets.
Drive. Ensure maximum possible accuracy of records and compliance with all local laws and regulations. Partner with the QA Manager to analyze and drive projects and initiatives to completion. Foster an environment of experimentation, analytical thinking and precision.
Do. Find ways to uplevel your team and the work they do. Use data to optimize processes, creatively solve problems, and diagnose/identify areas for further quality analysis. Synthesize recommendations and share with key stakeholders to drive business decisions. Communicate cross-functionally to ensure timely resolutions and information integrity. Partner with two (2) additional Quality Assurance Associate Managers to foster a positive team environment built on our core values of collaboration, transparency, humility, ownership and grit.
- Candidates with 3+ years of professional experience in a fast-paced startup environment. Prior people management required. Risk, fraud, audits, compliance or trust & safety experience is desirable
- Excellent research, critical thinking and customer service skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to provide feedback, coaching and direction to individual contributors with a focus on both individual and team performance
- Attention to detail and extremely well organized
- Process and solution oriented
- Comfortability with data, ability to synthesize performance metrics and speak to data trends within the department
- Proficiency in computer applications (both offline and internet based) is required
- Project management skills - ability to collaborate cross-functionally and manage concurrent projects with a track record of hitting targets and deadlines
- Ability to travel 5-15% of the time
All Checkr employees enjoy the following:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we leverage the latest technology
- Hands-on coaching and professional development
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement – a true meritocracy
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
*The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $73,000 - $86,000.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history (in accordance with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance as well as state and/or federal laws).