ASP.NET C# Developer at ReedGroup
WHAT THE JOB IS ALL ABOUT: Creating and maintaining industry-leading software for ReedGroup.
WHY YOU WANT TO WORK HERE: ReedGroup, headquartered in Westminster, CO, is a dynamic, mid-sized company that’s growing fast. We help employers manage and understand employee absences. We build enterprise software, help people cope during big life crises, and web-publish medical information.
WHAT'S LIFE LIKE HERE? It never gets boring. You get to work with a wide variety of smart, caring people – techies, nurses, and other folks who chose ReedGroup because the work we do is interesting and meaningful. We’re business casual and have just moved into a remodeled, contemporary office space with features like free soft drinks, sit/stand desks and treadmill work areas (to make up for the soft drinks ;- ).
WHAT ELSE? ReedGroup employs nearly 2,000 people at 11 locations globally. We are the top provider in the Absence Management industry and provide our services to major companies including a substantial number of Fortune 100 companies. We are committed to improving health and productivity outcomes while controlling costs - it is at the core of our comprehensive solutions which are designed to return people to their active lifestyles and allow businesses to thrive.
Our Vision: Healthy and Productive People. Thriving Businesses.
Our Mission: ReedGroup connects the ecosystem of the health, work and life with …
- The best service experience for clients and employees.
- Trusted content and experience.
- Strong partnerships across healthcare and insurance.
- Innovative technology to drive simplicity.
- Comprehensive data to create meaningful insights.
WHAT YOU’D BE DOING, AKA “ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS”
- Maintain existing software using Visual Studio and SQL server.
- Develop solutions that integrate with existing architecture.
- Program using industry standard methods.
- Work in a team environment with other developers, testers, production support staff, business users, and other internal teams as well as periodic external partners.
- Attend department meetings and company meetings.
- Maintain knowledge of current technology trends.
- Other duties as required by management.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
You’re a smart, energetic, flexible person who can think creatively, and you don’t need to be told what to do to make yourself useful. You love writing software, and solving complex problems. You have a hunger for new knowledge, and love sharing your knowledge with your team. You keep trying until you get it right. You are precise, detail-oriented, and relentlessly pursue quality.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field of study or equivalent combination of training and experience
- 3+ years of overall software development experience
- Hands on experience using the following, with advanced skills in at least one, and at least moderate skills in the rest:
- Angular.js / Angular 2
- Experience with:
- ASP.net MVC
- Microservices architecture
- Responsive design
- Creating and consuming secure web services, web API, or WCF
- XML and JSON
- Secure website design and development
- Working in an Agile environment using Scrum, Kanban, or SAFe
- Working with a geographically diverse team
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Visual Studio 2013/2015
- Experience with Team Foundation Server 2013/2015
- Experience with SQL Server 2012/2014
- Experience with automated unit testing and integration testing
- Experience with graceful degradation and/or progressive enhancement websites.