Who We Are
Red Canary was founded to create a world where every organization can make its greatest impact without fear of cyber attack. Our combination of market-defining technology, processes, and expertise are preventing breaches every day. We are completely changing the way security is delivered and setting the new standard for security. If our mission resonates with you, let’s talk!
What We Believe In
- Do what’s right for the customer
- Be kind and authentic
- Deliver great quality
- Be relentless
Challenges You Will Solve
You will be supporting Red Canary’s Cloud Workload Protection product, which is responsible for identifying adversaries and cyber threats in cloud environments. You will perform deep systems analysis to identify new ways of subverting operating systems or application-specific security controls, you will identify unique, innovative ways of persisting, escalating privileges and achieving adversary objectives, and you will use these learnings to prototype and deliver features in our product in order to protect our customers. In this role, your research will come to life and you’ll have an ability to transparently share your findings and work within the company and with the broader industry and public.
What You'll Bring
- A degree in Computer Science or a technical field, or equivalent work experience
- A strong understanding of operating system fundamentals
- Experience with Linux internals (boot, linking, loading, shared objects, etc)
- Experience with operating system and toolchain protections mechanisms like ASLR, RELRO, and NX.
- Experience with low-level development, using languages like C, C++, or Rust
- Experience with debugging and vulnerability analysis, exploit development (ex: CNO, CNA) and/or malware analysis (ex: CND)
- Experience owning the lifecycle of features or products, including ideation, prototyping, implementation, and support
Targeted base salary range: $135,000 - $165,000 + bonus eligibility and equity depending on experience.
Why Red Canary?
Red Canary is where people embody our mission to improve security outcomes for all. People work hard to maintain a culture that encourages authenticity in order to do your best work. Our people are driven and committed to finding the best security outcomes, delivering real and actionable answers, and being transparent along the way.
At Red Canary, we offer a very rich benefits program to our full-time team members so they can focus on their families and improving our customers’ security. For a full list of benefits, please review our Benefits Summary:
Individuals seeking employment at Red Canary are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.