Applications Developer II - C# Web at Ball Aerospace (Greater Boulder Area, CO)
At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 and all team members will be required to provide proof of completed vaccination status as a condition of employment as stated within the Order, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Applications Developer II – C# Web
The Development team creates and maintains web and desktop applications that augment and integrate Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) solutions. Primary solutions are internally business facing to support our design and manufacturing processes.
What You’ll Do:
- Enhance and configure COTS application to change the look-and-feel, behavior, or assist with integration to other applications.
- Collaborate with team members and business users to clarify requirements and confirm design/implementation.
- Follow set coding best practices and standards.
- Participate in peer-programming and design sessions/reviews with other team members.
- Foster a collaborative and team-oriented environment.
- Participate on a single project throughout assigned tasks during development.
- Identify issues that affect project to the project lead.
- Responsible for ensuring code adheres to the requirements and design specifications documented as well as the Development Standards and Architecture.
- Schedule and participate in code reviews.
- Design, code, test, debug and document those programs.
- Responsible for developing and running unit and integration tests.
- Adhere to the system development life cycle (SDLC) processes.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s in Information Technology or a related technical field plus 5 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Must have front-end UI to middle-tier experience with some back-end familiarity.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and collaborative skills.
- 5 or more years of experience in application development in C#, WPF, and/or ASP.Net preferred.
- 3 or more years of experience with Entity Framework or equivalent ORMs preferred.
- 3 or more years of experience with Web Service API integration (REST/JSON) preferred.
- 2 or more years of experience with Git source control preferred.
- 2 or more years of experience utilizing Agile/SCRUM Methodologies preferred.
- Understanding of the systems development life cycle (SDLC) processes.
- Experience with any of the following technologies is preferred:
- Microsoft SQL or Oracle experience
- CSS, especially Twitter Bootstrap
- ASP.NET MVC
- Telerik Kendo MVC Controls or other third-party controls
- WebApi, REST, WCF, or SOAP web services
- Unit Testing/Test Driven Development/Behavior Driven Design
- Team Foundation Services/Azure DevOps
- PL/SQL development
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $89,000 - $120,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.