Applications Developer I - SharePoint at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Security and Mission Assurance Strategic Support Unit provides discriminating support to the business to ensure success. We focus on threat identification, risk assessment, and mitigation while improving the efficiency of the business through effective governance and analysis of process, data and overall business knowledge.
Applications Developer I – SharePoint
The Ball Aerospace Security and Mission Assurance, SMA, Support unit is looking for an applications developer to support, maintain and create client-side web-based tools in support of our business, which includes functional SharePoint sites as well as enterprise-wide sites.
As a Client-Side Applications Developer, you must possess superb communication, consulting, and time management skills as well as strong analytical skills. Commitment to customer service and business unit support is a must. This position requires an individual who thinks creatively and inclusively, recognizes intention and can translate nebulous customer requests into business requirements and ultimately implement solutions that uphold best practices. In this position, you will be viewed as an expert that will require you to wear many different hats and provide guidance and leadership to support a diversity of resource and operations management needs.
What You’ll Do:
- Assist the SMA team to create, implement and maintain client-side solutions for multiple SharePoint sites across the business unit.
- Help define and assess SMA team needs to support business intelligence, opportunities, knowledge sharing, and training though data storage, processing, organization, management and visualization.
- Work closely with personnel from all areas of SMA to improve efficiencies.
- Assist with day-to-day SharePoint support, systems administration, operations and training.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s in Information Technology or a related technical field plus 2 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- 2 or more years of experience working as an applications developer, web designer or database manager preferred.
- Experience creating custom client-side solutions in SharePoint, Nintex Workflows, Nintex Forms and other third-party SharePoint applications.
- Working knowledge of SharePoint Online and the Office365 products.
- Experience with requirements gathering and software application design.
- Well organized and top level big picture thinker with the ability to implement specific solutions.
- Ability to think analytically, solve problems, make decisions, and collaborate and work with a team.
- Adept at translating and synthesizing multiple requirements into practical implementations.
- Ability to juggle competing demands and priorities while maintaining strong attention to detail.
- Proven written and verbal communications skills.
- SharePoint Application Development Certifications a plus.
- User experience and user interface (UX/UI) design experience.
- Knowledge and experience working with databases such as MySQL and Oracle as well as interface applications such as BizTalk is desirable but not required.
- Experience with web-based data visualization is also desirable but not required.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $71,500 - $97,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP MAY BE REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.