Applications Architect at SRS Acquiom
Greater Denver Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:17 a.m. (MST) on Monday, August 19, 2019
About SRS Acquiom
At SRS Acquiom, our sole focus is on making M&A deals happen more efficiently. Since 2007, we have been continuously innovating to solve issues for some of the industry’s most sophisticated buyers, sellers, and counsel. Our top-tier team has supported more than 2,000 deals including high-profile transactions such as Google’s acquisition of Nest, Facebook’s acquisition of Oculus and Yahoo’s acquisition of Tumblr. We are looking for extraordinary people to help drive our continued success. If you are looking to join a growing, entrepreneurial environment in an established company, we want to hear from you! Visit www.srsacquiom.com to learn more.
We are looking for an experienced, innovative Application Architect to work with our product group and software delivery teams to help deliver on our promise of excellence to our customers, deliver on our product road-map and set our delivery teams up for success with a winning architectural strategy. As an Application Architect, you'll be working directly with our Director of Software Architecture to create an architectural roadmap to drive our product platform and delivery teams as part of the Software Delivery Lifecycle solving complex and challenging business and technical problems, driving product improvements, new features and provide architectural guidance as well as design and write architectural components, applications, tools, scripts, integrations and more.
We expect you have an understanding architectural knowledge of how web application full stack comes together, with a rounded appreciation for development challenges related to implementing core architectures. We are looking for someone that has CI/CD experience to help incorporate architectural changes into our product release processes. Strong understanding of Angular and Microservices architecture and development challenges along with their related lifecycle support requirements is critical.
- Understand all the components of the platform and interactions/interfaces with other products
- Work with SRS Acquiom Product Management (Product Manager and Product Owners) to define achievable product roadmaps, refine business processes, and establish project requirements
- Act as the go-to for software delivery teams vetting technical approach
- Advocate/enforce best practices for performance, reliability, scalability, security, and reusability
- Provide architectural and design oversight for all new and ongoing application development
- Facilitate discussions and resolve conflicts around technical approaches, designs, and issues
- Perform architecture reviews for more complex or higher-risk changes
- Work with the Director of Software Architecture, product managers, product owners, and business analysts to clearly understand business, customer and product needs that will drive architectural requirements
- Assist with advanced troubleshooting and problem solving activities for both product delivery teams and production support as required
- Ensure technical designs comply with architecture guiding principles.
- Ensuring that uniform enterprise wide application design standards are maintained
- Help to develop Capability and Feature stories along with establishing overall priorities and resourcing needs necessary to meet business commitments.
- Create and maintain appropriate architectural documentation
- Evangelize key application architecture concepts and standards throughout the Product Delivery teams.
- Prioritize and manage quarterly goals, projects and translate to Agile Sprint objectives
- Take part in daily stand-up meetings, SCRUM or other daily activities with the development team
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience and/or training; or combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years' experience in software application architecture
- 8+ years' experience in software development
- Demonstrable understanding of architectural principles, patterns, and tenets along with industry best practices for security
- Excellent listening skills and an open mind for new ideas.
- Experience communicating and documenting architectural approach and designs
- Passion for innovation in technology while delivering on current business commitments.
- Experience with APIs, system integration, SSO/SAML and encryption technology
- Proficient in PHP, familiar with Python and Java
- Proficiency in agile teams and development methodologies
- Entrepreneurial in thinking, outlook, and problem-solving
- Strong work ethic and ability to multitask projects and efforts
- Firm understanding of estimating the level of effort in software development, architecture definition or graphic design tasks
- Experience using collaboration tools such as Jira & Confluence, and Google Docs
- Strong proficiency with source control systems such as Git
- Ability to review developers work, evaluate quality and provide feedback
- Strong understanding of SQL data base technologies. Preferably PostgreSQL.
- Experience with Angular 2+
- Must display strong communications skills – both verbal and written.
- Experience in Financial and/or Fin Tech organizations preferred.
- Experience with CI/CD process and toolsets (e.g., Ansible, Jenkins) preferred.
A few benefits our employees enjoy
- Comprehensive benefit plans (medical/dental/vision) starting on day 1
- 401(k) with 4% matching
- Discretionary time off
- Fitness credit
- Several pre-tax plans (dependent care, transportation, flexible spending)
- Transportation reimbursement
- Benefits reimbursement
Read Full Job Description