Application Systems Engineer II
When joining Elevations, you can expect to work for a company that:
- Provides amazing experiences and creates raving fans.
- Strives to provide solutions for a better life and promises employees it will be the best place they have ever worked.
- Wins awards such as “Best Bank”, “Best Companies to Work for in Colorado” and even the “Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award”, the only Presidential award for quality.
- Has a highly-engaged workforce and emphasizes career growth, empowerment and servant leadership.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive pay, organization-wide incentive program, 401k matching, mortgage and auto discounts
- 4 weeks min. paid time off, work anniversary paid time off, 11 paid holidays, and 16hrs paid volunteer time off
- Medical, dental, and vision health plans with FSA or HSA options
- Onsite fitness center, Zumba and yoga classes, health fairs with biometrics screening and flu shots
- Employee Assistance Program with a variety of services
- Career development, trainings, career coaching, job shadowing, mentoring program, tuition reimbursement up to $5,000/year, and a recognition system
- Culture of excellence and continuous improvement
- We strive to be the best place you’ve ever worked!
The Application Systems Engineer II manages our production application environments. This person has a holistic understanding of the systems architecture, and is a technical expert on application functionality and capabilities. They work closely with IT Program/Project Managers, Development Teams and Systems Architect team to maintain these environments, managing maintenance and incident resolution, and monitoring systems to ensure availability goals are achieved. The Application Systems Engineer II partners with the IT Delivery Team to manage the maintenance/upgrade roadmap, working closely with vendors and internal departments to actively participate in the software implementation life cycle.
Adheres to all Federal and State laws and regulations governing applicable to the Credit Union, including the Bank Secrecy Act.
Essential Functions include:
- Supports business applications (including our core system); performs triage on incidents, troubleshoots issues, and resolves incidents while communicating with stakeholders
- Involved in application planned maintenance (e.g. upgrades, releases, enhancements, service packs, etc.).
- Works closely with vendors to ensure successful software or hardware implementation and support
- Provides superior customer service, managing relationships with end users, business leaders, and others to ensure service delivery exceeds expectations
- Contributes technical knowledge and understanding of applications to support processes, operating procedures, and as needed to training programs
- Partners with the IT Program/Project Managers (i) investigate and model business functions, processes, information flows and data structures, using methodical and consistent techniques; (ii) investigate operational requirements and problems, contributing to improvements; (iii) specify information flows, processes/procedures that will meet the business requirements
- Documents work, takes part in business partner meetings when necessary and assists in presenting issues and solutions both orally and in writing
- May participate in unit and system tests for new or changed automated systems with IT QA department.
- Networks with credit union and industry specialists to drive innovation and optimization of the application operations team.
- Works closely with leaders within the IT department to accomplish shared goals; Communication may involve motivating or influencing organizational leaders.
- Exercises extreme confidentiality as the scope of work will include access to sensitive data and financial perspectives
- On-Call Support - Elevations values work-life balance; however, your flexibility and willingness to work early or late as needed is part of the job. This position requires hands-on support for production systems, upgrades, and critical issues which occur outside normal business hours
- Project Management - Able to execute projects within required timelines and expectations
- Self-Driven - Establishes an action plan for self and others to complete work efficiently and on time by setting priorities, establishing timelines, and leveraging resources
- Problem Solving - Identifies and understands problems and opportunities by gathering, analyzing, and interpreting quantitative and qualitative information; choosing the best course of action by establishing clear decision criteria, generating and evaluating alternatives, and making timely decisions; taking action that is consistent with available facts and constraints and optimizes probable consequences
- Customer Service - Exceeds internal or external customer expectations while cultivating relationships that secure commitment and trust
- Detail Oriented - Accomplishes tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how detailed; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time
- High Performance – creates and executes IT best practice methodologies with rigor and discipline to promote technological innovation
Required Education and Experience:
- 4 year Technical Computer Science degree; B.S – similar education or experience may be considered
- Advanced principles and practices of server, middleware, and hardware; software configuration, installation, monitoring, and troubleshooting.
- Six or more years of experience with complex systems support, testing procedures, report writing, systems support documentation, business process management or equivalent processes, change, event, incident management, and root cause analysis.
- ITIL certification, or previous work within an ITIL environment 3+ years
- Familiarity with Scrum ceremonies and Agile methodologies
- Familiarity with the Unix/AIX operating system, Unix shell scripting
- Three or more years of Windows O/S (min 2008) System Administration and IIS 7.x
- Familiarity of MS DebugDiag tools, SCOM, and APM (Application Performance Monitoring) tools, setup, or similar strategies / conventions.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Six or more years of experience supporting business applications within a financial institution a plus
- Experience with business process management (BPM), automation of workflow, and application administration
- Experience with the Microsoft Systems Center Suite of products
- Experience with Microsoft PowerShell
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory
- Basic experience with virtualized and cloud environments
- Experience in LAN/Wide Area Networking technologies
- Local Area Networking, including maintenance, installation, and troubleshooting techniques, especially dealing with the TCP/IP protocol and services, and managing a large diversified environment using TCP/IP.
- Additional experience with other server systems such as MS SharePoint, MS Systems Center Operations Manager, Thin clients, or Citrix a plus.
- Experience with financial institution technologies: Jack Henry technologies (Episys, Synapsys, Opcon, Synergy, Image Teller Capture), MeridianLink, Encompass, Digital Insight, Q2, COTS, Image Center, ARCU, etc.
This job operates in an office setting and routinely uses standard office equipment
Sitting frequently, walking occasionally, use of hands frequently, hearing constantly, talking frequently, exerting up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, pull, or move objects
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Full time / 40 hours per week
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
About Us: Elevations Credit Union is a member-owned not-for-profit financial institution serving Colorado’s Front Range. Founded in 1953, we’ve grown from 12 members and less than $100 in assets to an institution with 13 branches and more than 120,000 members that manages over $2 billion in assets and is the No. 1 credit union mortgage lender in Colorado. At Elevations, we’ve made a commitment to move away from a product-centered business model and focus instead on creating consumer solutions. Our objective is to provide our members, as well as the entire community, with unbiased consumer information.
EEO Statement: Elevations Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
Candidates for certain positions may be required to submit to a credit history report in determining qualification for employment with Elevations Credit Union. If the position you are applying for requires a credit history report, any information received in such a report will not be the sole factor in making an employment decision. A history of personal financial irresponsibility may be reason for disqualification insofar as it relates to your potential job duties. Elevations Credit Union is aware that occasionally there are extenuating circumstances that may affect an individual's credit history. We comply with the Fair Credit Reporting Act and the Colorado Employment Opportunity Act.