Application Developer - Node.js
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
We are looking for a Node.js Developer to help maintain and extend our microservice environment to support key business support systems (BSS), including integration with our Tranzact platform and CRM.
The ideal candidate should be self-motivated, have a strong attention to detail, and possess a passion for delivering a high-quality product for stakeholders. Working selflessly in an evolving and highly collaborative team environment, adaptability and good communication skills are needed. The candidate should be a problem solver, with an eye to the bigger picture and awareness to make decisions in the best interest of Zayo, ultimately taking ownership and responsibility for decisions and outcomes.
We strive to make our systems and processes better. To that end, we expect an awareness to identify and address issues before they become problems. We expect curiosity, a passion for continued and self-directed learning.
- Developing new back-end components in Node.js and user-facing features using React.js.
- Writing secure, reusable and efficient code covered by unit and integration tests.
- Optimizing components for maximum performance to produce low-latency and highly-available APIs.
- Integration of data storage solutions including in-memory and relational databases.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, technical trade school, or equivalent experience in a programming or analytical discipline.
- 3-5 years of experience.
- Self-motivated individual who pays strong attention to detail.
- Possesses a passion for delivering a high quality product for stakeholders.
- Highly collaborative team centric individual with strong communication skills.
- Analytically minded problem solver.
- Takes ownership and responsibility for actions and outcomes.
Advanced knowledge and understanding of:
- Algorithms, data structures, data modeling, and distributed systems
- Software development methodologies including overall roles, processes, stages, and value proposition of the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Git workflow including general code management, branching, committing, and merging
- One or more technologies or programming languages
- One or more functional business processes that an IT system supports
Demonstrated ability to:
- Navigate, work effectively, and propose improvements within several areas of the software development life cycle, including planning, analysis and design, development, testing, implementation, and maintenance
- Assist and guide others technically through collaboration and pair programming.
- Troubleshoot, identify and resolve advanced issues in a timely manner.
- Take full accountability of written and reviewed code, write reusable and sustainable code and practice test-driven development and defensive programming to create a more stable deliverable.
- Challenge existing code patterns and propose alternatives with justification of benefit/value of implementation.
- Propose and deliver an optimal solution after understanding existing alternate options and overall system impact of implementing each option.
- Can critically analyze and evaluate code of others as well as their own, provide constructive feedback, and contribute a positive influence overall within design and code implementation discussions or normal code reviews within a given domain.
- Actively seek or take on complex problems within a project or domain.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave