Application Developer I - ServiceNow at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Application Developer I - ServiceNow
What You’ll Do:
- Configuration/Customization of the ServiceNow platform, including creating workflows.
- Build service requests from customer requirements including requests, request items and tasks using workflows (manage data flows from the customer to the support teams providing the service).
- Use scripting tools and ServiceNow functionality to automate rote tasks fulfillment in ServiceNow.
- Perform integrations and process automation using Service Now Orchestration.
- Load, manipulate and maintain data between ServiceNow and other systems.
- Perform system and integration testing with sample and live data Monitor health, usage and overall compliance of the application.
- Collaborate with team members and business users to clarify requirements and confirm design/implementation.
- Follow set coding best practices and standards.
- Foster a collaborative and team-oriented environment.
- Adhere to the system development life cycle (SDLC) processes.
- Test and debug team solutions.
- Participate in on-call rotation to troubleshoot and prioritize Incidents assigned to team.
- Document processes/solutions/fixes in Knowledge Base.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Information Technology or a related technical field plus 2 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and collaborative skills.
- Thorough understanding of ITIL/ITSM processes.
- Hands-on design, development and deployment experience with the ServiceNow platform.
- ServiceNow implementation experience in ITSM modules (Incident, Problem, Change, CMDB & Asset).
- Experience in CMDB, Discovery and integration with other external modules.
- Hands-on experience in Glide and Jelly Scripting, Java Script, HTML, XML, & AJAX.
- Experience with Integrations with 3rd party tools using (web services, SOAP, email, MID, etc…).
- ServiceNow administration experience.
- 4 years of ServiceNow experience preferred.
- Hands-on experience working with relational databases.
- Hands-on experience with web UI development technologies that include HTML, CSS, and AJAX.
- Knowledge of one or more of the following: HTML/CSS, AJAX, Jelly, JSON, AngularJS.
- ServiceNow Certified Application Developer.
- Experience utilizing Agile/SCRUM Methodologies.
- Understanding of the systems development life cycle (SDLC) processes.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $71,500 - $97,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- For RFT/RPT Jobs: This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.