API Engineer II at Vertafore
Greater Denver Area
!Sorry, this job was removed at 12:20 p.m. (MST) on Wednesday, March 4, 2020
What we want:
- Be a trusted subject matter expert, SME, regarding system integration and application programming interfaces (API).
- Hands-on experience with APIs in both a business analysist and implementation capacity.
- Comfortable speaking with customers and technical teams to understand their needs around the API.
- Interacting with internal stakeholder including product management, technical support, and sales teams related to:
- Gather customer requests, partner requests, and general market needs and translate them into product enhancement requests.
- Know when to deliver the exact thing that is requested and when there's a better but less obvious path.
- Generate detailed product specifications to illustrate product functionality including business rules, flows and use cases.
- Participate in Strategy Sessions and make yourself available to answer questions, provide feedback, clarification, and guidance.
- REST/SOAP HTTP Protocol Knowledge of each protocol and common format types to transmit requests for each MSSQL/Postgres
- Detail oriented, manages time and tools effectively, excellent internal workplace communicator Collaborate: Strategize with other departments such as product managers, sales, UX and engineering.
Customer Success is our success
- Understand our customers pains and their vision of achievement, while guaranteeing they are educated and deliver them meaningful and reliable solutions.
- Conduct and manage customer feedback sessions. Excellent communicator in person if required, on the phone, via email, etc.
- Collaborate with QA to contribute to test plans and ensure the highest quality delivery of features.
- Marketing on the messaging, positioning, value and benefits of the features you are bringing to market.
- Effective communication to architects, leadership and executive level team members
What you'll need:
- Bachelor's Degree or 3-5+ years of relevant API support, or software development experience in an agile software environment
- Must thrive in a fast-paced, time-compressed and dynamic environment Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge and practical experience with Agile development methodologies and Product Owner role
- Doesn't have to be vast but need to understand how to query tables and make occasional joins to access data we hold in postgres
- Strong in .Net format for request/responses with our REST/SOAP across multiple applications that are most likely different in their methods
- Ability to dig into other code languages and work through customer generated code and give guidance to address their needs even if you are not an expert in that coding language.
Read Full Job Description