Antenna and RF Design Engineer I (Survivability and Strike) at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers’ missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong execution.
Antenna and RF Design Engineer I (Survivability and Strike)
This position will have stealth or low-observable (LO) antenna and RF design engineering as its area of specialization.
What You’ll Do
- Antenna and antenna-related RF component design and development along with some new business support.
- Develop and apply technical knowledge in RF engineering to LO antennas and RF component design.
- Participate in the hands-on design and realization of state-of-the-art LO antennas and RF components.
- Frequent use and application of technical RF standards, principles, theories, concepts, and techniques.
- Contributes to the completion of milestones associated with specific projects.
- Works under general supervision. Follows established procedures.
- Provides solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Some inter-organizational and outside customer contacts on routine matters.
- Relate well with other people, contribute to small teams, and share knowledge and expertise. May provide guidance to lower graded employees and technicians.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the SBU/SSU and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 2 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of related experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Current security clearance is preferred.
- Basic competency in core RF engineering and antenna theory.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills. May assist with the preparation and delivery of presentations.
- Some experience with design of antennas and RF components (frequency-selective surfaces (FSS), radomes, power dividers, couplers, transitions, etc.) is preferred.
- Exposure and use of software and simulation tools such as AWR Microwave Office/Agilent ADS, CST, FEKO, HFSS, and SENTRI is preferred.
- Some experience in programming, data manipulation, and data visualization in MATLAB or other programming language is preferred.
- Some exposure to RCS design, prediction, and measurement is preferred.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Future Clearance Required:
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $84,000 - $104,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. Click here to learn more.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.